Penn Florida Companies, a Boca Raton based owner, developer and manager of commercial and residential real estate, is currently seeking a Human Resources Director to join our team.
Primary function of the Human Resource Director is to implement HR policies and programs with emphasis on the benefits and compensation areas, as well as recruitment, staffing and on-boarding, ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty at a superior level, based on the requirements listed below, that are representative of a portion of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; conducts employee relations counseling; coordinates with outside recruiting firms, as necessary
- Plans, directs and supervises all activities relating to administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs
- Administers benefits programs, including serving as primary contract with providers (including group health and life), workers' compensation, unemployment and retirement plans
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Human Resources in a management or supervisory role
- SPHR or PHR certification desirable
- Expertise in State and Federal employee regulations and standards
- Experience working with various HRIS systems, Paylocity experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Expertise working with Microsoft Outlook, LinkedIn, spreadsheets, and other related programs
- Ability to write general business correspondence, and communicate with clients, vendors, and employees