Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group is seeking a senior equity placement professional to focus on managing, cultivating equity relationships and in turn, raising equity for commercial real estate investments. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successful real estate equity investment or advisory, and a network of institutional and high net worth investor relationships.
Mission Capital has a robust pipeline and deep institutional client roster. Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group has a strong analyst team, industry leading technology and exceptional in house graphic design and production at our disposal. Mission’s joint venture equity capabilities make for a competitive advantage over most debt-only capital raising firms, and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in growing this rapidly-expanding business. The candidate’s network will also have access to Mission’s industry-leading loan sale advisory business, gaining direct exposure to more than $4 billion of annual loan sale opportunities from the federal government, investment banks, commercial banks, finance companies and hedge funds.
1. Manage existing and develop new relationships with private equity groups, family offices and other institutional investors in real estate
2. Working with our team, evaluate feasibility of potential assignments
3. Market Mission's equity mandates
4. Negotiate term sheets and related documentation with equity sources
5. Convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates
6. Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events
7. Entertain clients and capital sources and assist in implementing Mission-sponsored events
8. Work within a team framework to execute transactions
9. Troubleshoot and close transactions
1. 7+ years experience in commercial real estate
2. Proven track record of closing JV equity investments
3. Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
4. The natural ability to sell an equity investment that goes beyond the numbers
5. Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
6. Bachelors degree in related field is required, Master degree preferred
7. Very Technology proficient
8. Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination
9. Likes and prioritizes work
10. Sense of humor
Location: Role will be based in Mission's NY office.
Background check: Thorough background check will be required of all candidates.