Real Estate Controller:
This position will be responsible for performing all daily accounting for Triten Real Estate Partners’ real estate platform. This job will be high energy and fast paced. Triten seeks highly motivated individuals to complement its rapidly expanding portfolio. Reporting to the CFO, this position interfaces daily with the company President and portfolio managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the monthly/quarterly/annual preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage reporting to third party investors
- Work with property managers to ensure all accruals are booked on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, check and input all standard general accounting journal entries.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of cash and other balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain A/R and A/P sub-ledgers and resolve discrepancies.
- Interface with external auditors in connection with annual audit.
- Interface with external property tax advisors and provide data as requested.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Prepare loan covenant package for lending institutions.
- Serve as administrator of Yardi system and assist users as questions arise.
- Prepare Form 1099 filings.
- Prepare schedules for insurance broker in connection with annual property insurance renewal.
- Handle all bank transfers for intercompany transactions and wire transfers as needed.
- Perform other duties related to the efficient and effective operation of the company as requested by the President.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have Yardi experience.
- Payscan/Paylease experience a plus.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, personnel and clients
- Detail oriented. Able to perform all accounting tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in Office/Industrial properties.
- Experience with investor reporting for large institutions or investors.
Education and Work Experience
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 5 to 10 years of real estate experience with broad exposure to property management
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000