About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strengthen neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing developers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Summary: The Project Manager works to promote, preserve and develop affordable housing in keeping with SAHA's mission. The position is responsible for overseeing all stages of affordable housing development for up to three (3) projects (depending on size, complexity, and development phase of the projects) and ensures that objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
Compensation: The salary range for this position begins at $80,000 annually.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and coordinates all stages of affordable housing development including feasibility analysis, pre-development, design, project financing, construction, loan close-out and transition to property management for up to three (3) development projects at any given time.
- Develops and manages relationships with federal, state and local funders, government agencies, community and neighborhood groups, development partners and industry professionals. Represents SAHA before government agencies, planning and zoning commissions, city council, and other community meetings to garner critical support and governmental approvals for potential projects.
- Researches and secures funding to support feasibility, pre-development, construction, and permanent financing phases of development. Conducts feasibility studies and develops pro-forma financial projections. Develops detailed financial analyses and budgets.
- Identifies and manages development team members including architects, engineers, contractors, legal counsel and financial consultants. Manages progress of all team members through project completion.
- Prepares all project payment applications to government and commercial lenders in coordination with the accounting department.
- Collaborates with the property management department on the development of operating budgets and facilitates a seamless transition to occupancy and the long term viability of the property.
- Collaborates with the resident services department to prepare supportive service plans and identify sources of necessary funding.
- Provides assistance and mentoring as necessary to junior project management staff.
- Participates in strategic planning and development of long-term growth objectives.
- Maintains project files; prepares files for removal to off-site storage at project close out.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's Degree in planning, public policy, business, or a related field is strongly preferred. Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must have minimum two years of direct experience with affordable housing development. A Masters Degree as described above may be substituted for one year of experience depending on the area of study.
- Must have prior experience working with government funding and government agencies.
- Must have previous experience with affordable housing finance.
- Must be highly skilled in MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Abilities and Attributes
- Commitment to SAHA’s mission.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly independent, with ability to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
- Must have effective interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
- Must be accurate and highly detail-oriented with follow-through skills.
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing viable solutions with the ability to exercise sound judgment in all matters.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with project teams, different levels of management, funders, government agencies, and a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to perform detailed financial analyses of housing developments concerning site acquisition, predevelopment activities, construction financing, and permanent financing.
- Ability to read and interpret architects’ drawings, legal documents and other complex documents.
Certifications or Licenses
Valid CA Driver’s License required, along with proof of insurance (DMV check will be required). Note: Reliable means of transportation to the office and off-site meetings is also required.
- Does not directly supervise any personnel; however, supervises the work and activities of architects, engineers, contractors, legal counsel and financial consultants.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*