DRA Advisors LLC is a New York-based real estate private equity investment and management firm with an institutional and private investor fund base. For the past 30 years DRA has been a highly regarded equity joint venture partner with outstanding real estate operating groups. The firm invests nationally in the value-add retail, office, multifamily and industrial sectors. DRA's retail portfolio since inception has included 300 shopping centers, and the firm’s current retail portfolio consists of 28 million square feet of lifestyle, grocery-anchored, power and community centers.
The Retail Asset Manager is responsible for strategically managing retail real estate investments to maximize property performance, asset values and investment returns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the real estate markets in which portfolio assets are located
- In collaboration with team members, prepare and oversee the execution of the annual business plans for each property including development of leasing objectives, operating and financial budgets, and capital projects
- Actively participate in the leasing process which includes guiding venture partners in strategy and approving all LOIs, new leases, renewals and redevelopments
- Develop and implement leasing and repositioning strategies, including annual marketing and advertising/social media plans, and tenant relations initiatives
- Periodically visit and tour assigned assets, attend trade shows nationally, meet with brokers and tenants and seek out new business
- Provide material support in the new investment process by providing the team with market intelligence in geographic markets where managed assets are located.
- Responsible for performing short and long-term analyses for existing investments, development projects and potential acquisitions.
- Review joint venture operating agreements and loan documentation.
- Argus modeling support and risk assessment for prospective investments.
- Lead in the disposition process as asset managed projects are monetized
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- BS in Finance / Accounting / Economics preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the retail real estate sector
- Proficiency in Argus. Working knowledge of Yardi, MRI and VTS a plus
- Deep “hands on” experience at the asset level including leasing and asset management negotiating skills.
- Depth of tenant relationships and knowledge into retailers’ market position, expansion plans, and co-tenancy preferences
- Must have take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits maturity, creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence.
- Strong project management, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic thinking with an ability to execute tactically.
- Ability to work within tight timeframe's and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
Position is based in NYC and involves approximately 40% travel