The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, confident, self-motivated and creative problem solver who will work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced department, is able to communicate effectively with other departments within the company, and demonstrates a can-do attitude.
Note: this consultative role has the opportunity to convert into a regular full-time role based on performance.
- Manage and execute real estate activities for Viad Corp’s global real estate portfolio, including leases, acquisitions, dispositions and site selection.
- Act as central point of contact, build internal relationships and partner with Viad corporate and subsidiary leadership teams to manage and satisfy a variety of real estate needs.
- Lead and manage third-party broker partnerships for the organization’s real estate transaction services.
- Lead Project Management team to manage tenant improvement projects.
- Monitor progress and performance of real estate projects and provide updates to the leadership teams.
- Maintain real estate database, keeping data current for accurate forecasting.
- Assist with public company reporting requirements 10K reporting and Insurance reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with in-house and outside legal counsel to prepare and analyze transaction documentation.
- Ensure seamless, consistent communication and follow-up with management at leased facilities and project teams, legal counsel, analysts and external brokers.
- Gain market knowledge of new locations and develop site selection strategies.
- Work closely with internal teams to manage due diligence, entitlements, budgets, architectural building design, site engineering, permitting and project scheduling from acquisition through construction.
- Perform market analysis including market rents, tenant improvement packages, relocation incentives from city/state governments.
- Make presentations to the leadership teams to obtain internal approval of site selections.
- Assist facilities operations teams and project management teams with their ad-hoc projects related to Real Estate.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, business or related discipline.
- 7+ years of commercial real estate experience.
- Proven financial analysis, lease negotiation, contract management and real estate database skills.
- Experience covering multiple states and regions (international experience is a plus, but not required).
- Commercial real estate negotiation experience desired.
- Experience with Costar Real Estate Manager Database and PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong understanding of construction projects from acquisition to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel (including pivot tables), and Outlook required.
- Needs to work independently with little management oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong time management with the ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priority.
- High attention to detail with ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with other employees and departments.
- A willingness to travel on occasion (20% of time).