Ferguson Partners has been retained by Extell Development Company to identify and hire President, Extell Marketing Group.
Extell Development Company (“Extell”) is a nationally acclaimed real estate developer of residential, commercial, retail, hospitality and mixed-use properties, operating primarily in Manhattan and other premier cities across the nation. In collaboration with world-class architects and design professionals, Extell creates properties distinguished by sophisticated design, gracious floor plans and first-class amenities.
Current projects under development include Central Park Tower, located on Manhattan’s Billionaires’ Row and steps from Central Park, this new architectural landmark will rise 1550 feet above New York City with stratospheric views, exquisite architecture and gracious layouts; One57 was completed in 2015 and transformed the Manhattan skyline, rising over 1,000 feet and providing breathtaking views of Central Park to the north, downtown to the south, and both the Hudson and East Rivers; the largest condominium in Lower Manhattan, One Manhattan Square, located on the edge of the New York Harbor, offering breathtaking water and city views and over 100,000 square feet of amenities; The Kent at 200 East 95th Street, a building that pays homage to some of New York City's art deco structures with interiors that echo the classic elegance of the Upper East Side; ideally located at the center of the Upper East Side’s Gold Coast, 1010 Park Avenue is one of New York’s most distinguished addresses with a refined exterior paired with gracious layouts and exquisite interiors; and 70 Charlton, the first luxury residential development located in Hudson Square, a section within West SoHo. Extell has also restored and updated a number of classics in landmark neighborhoods, including the former Stanhope Hotel at 995 Fifth Avenue; The Carlton House at 21 East 61st Street and The Belnord, a landmark building on the Upper West Side.
The President, Extell Marketing Group (“President, EMG”), will be responsible for managing and developing the sales, leasing, and overall marketing efforts of the Extell Marketing Group (“EMG”). The President is responsible for guiding the overall strategy, implementation and execution of the company’s sales and leasing efforts, cultivation of relationships between Extell Marketing Group and the brokerage community, development of relationships with vendors, and to liaise between any and all divisions of the company that may contribute to the sale or lease of an EMG exclusive property.
- Oversee and cultivate the outreach program to both domestic and international brokers, investors, and prospective clients.
- Effectively manage the sales efforts of all site offices, determine and implement strategy, policies and procedures for the department, contribute to the branding and marketing campaigns of all properties, to hire, manage, and oversee Extell Marketing Group employees.
- Interface at the corporate level with team leads for each project, including the President, Executive Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, HR and all department heads on behalf of Extell Marketing Group.
- Evaluate the success of the platform’s existing operation, making changes as needed to optimize performance.
- Supervise the duties and overall performance of the staff and ensure proper adherence to policies and procedures of Extell Development Company and Extell Marketing Group.
- Direct employees to review and maintain accurate pricing and traffic reports to be circulated daily, weekly, and monthly to upper management and other Partner(s) (if applicable).
- Serve as point person for contract and lease negotiations, review all contract details prior to deal sheets or contracts being circulated, and report vertically and laterally to Extell Development Company counterparts given negotiation efforts.
- Provide vetting and approvals for all negotiated contracts, leases, vendor proposals, employee expenses, staff schedules, budgets, etc.
- Manage the deliverables, expectations, budgets, and relationships with all outside agencies and third party vendors included in our marketing efforts.
- Serve as the liaison between outside agencies, third party vendors and their appropriate Extell Development Company counterparts including development, legal, design, marketing, construction, and management.
- Facilitate and cultivate positive, revenue generating relationships with local and international brokers and referral sources.
- Direct weekly sales and leasing meetings, reviewing and providing analytics of tracked and reported data monthly, quarterly, and as needed for upper management.
- Provide weekly reporting of sales, leasing and Extell Marketing Group staff performance to the President of Extell Development Company and project teams.
- Meet with upper management for trainings, policy and procedure implementation.
- Oversee and direct the programming of products, services, amenities, finishes, and pricing models for each product in the Extell Marketing Group portfolio.
- Monitor and advise on changing market conditions to identify all opportunities to make advantageous adjustments to pricing, inventory control/release, and overall strategy in a sales or leasing campaign to maximize the value of a project whether by absorption, velocity, or gross revenue.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with firms and brands whose services or added value assist in the creation of revenue for Extell Marketing Group properties.
- Plan, execute, and attend events, conventions, expos, and meetings for the real estate community at large in their relation to Extell Marketing Group.
- Oversee the training of sales agents as needed to perform their essential job functions.
- Possess a complete understanding of offering plan, sales procedure, and financing options.
- Manage and oversee data collection, entry and distribution as required for daily, weekly and monthly traffic reports, deal sourcing, client registrations, contact lists, and real estate comparable analysis studies.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Strategic, creative thinker, ability to think “outside the box”.
- Possesses great attention to detail, work ethic, and administrative organization.
- Sound and ethical judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to present recommendations in the proper forum and interact with investment partners and upper management.
- Effectively managing multiple initiatives and tasks at once with the ability to shift focus based on priority level.
- High level of adaptability and accountability.
- Ability to respond rapidly to market changes.
- Ability to lead or to collaborate variably based on a given objective.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in real estate brokerage, development, or business management, or other related activities in real estate industry, and at least five years in an executive management role with a brokerage firm preferred.
- Experienced in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- NYS Associate Broker license required, Salesperson license minimum.
- REBNY Membership Required.
- Strong knowledge of MLS and related listing platforms, both local and international.
- Knowledge of web-based CMS systems.
- Ability to review and analyze data sets, reports, and floorplans.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college preferred.