Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The Finance/Lease Solution Architect, as a member of the Trimble Professional Services Team, is responsible for driving successful projects. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect works closely with our clients and demonstrates professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. The solution architect would also apply subject matter expertise (or work with other Business SMEs) to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each project.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance/Lease Solution Architect are to ensure that the solution being proposed in the sales cycle can be delivered and to own/design of the overall solutions, including the data and process flow definition. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect will work closely with Sales Enablement to provide input into RFI/RFP responses during the sales cycle and with the Technical Consultants during implementation to define the integrations, workflows, database objects, reports and data migrations required to support the overall Solution. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect ensures the client solution is well documented and meets the business needs of the client as documented in a specification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance/Lease Solution Architect is involved in all phases of client solution implementations and will lead and participate in the following activities.
- Review and confirm Sales Engineering responses to RFI/RFP’s.
- Lead Pre-Discovery sessions during Sales Cycle and produce notes related to proposed solution.
- Lead Discovery and Design phases during implementation. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect is responsible for the preparation and delivery of requirements gathering and design workshops with client subject matter experts.
- The Finance/Lease Solution Architect will work with SME’s and Technical Consultants to ensure a cohesive solution is designed. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect is accountable for the overall design and will have approval authority for any deliverables related to the Design Phase.
- Accountable for specifications of client specific enhancements. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect will work with Product Management to ensure that enhancement specifications are approved by Product. The Finance/Lease Solution Architect owns the solution and is responsible for ensuring it meets requirements. Project team members may also write specifications, but the Finance/Lease Solution Architect has approval authority and will be involved in all discussions with Product Management.
- The Finance/Lease Solution Architect is responsible for the preparation of requirement, specification and design documentation to support the implementation. Project team members may assist in preparing documents, but the Finance/Lease Solution Architect has final approval of the deliverables prior to their being sent to the client. Specifications and Design Documentation include but are not limited to System Building, Integration, Workflow, Grid/Graph/Report Specifications.
- Peer Review during the build of solution components according to approved design specifications.
- Define and promote enterprise architecture standards and strategies.
- Provide expertise on Trimble Products architecture and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Advocate and enforce applicable standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in the implementation and/or maintenance of IWMS and its various components.
- Act as liaison between the client and Manhattan’s technical staff and project managers.
- Work with clients to develop procedures, documentation, and systems which facilitate and support the Manhattan installation.
- Continually review the Manhattan Implementation Methodology and recommend changes which will improve its effectiveness and efficiency.
- Continually review the Manhattan product set with a view to suggesting improvements to functionality or efficiency.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of modules of the Manhattan Software application.
- Following all SOC security processes as required by Trimble’s SOC certification.
- Travel as required throughout US and overseas (expected 50% - 70%)
- Inform the Security Office of any improvements or deficiencies in how security is managed
- Does not ignore or circumnavigate our policies and security controls
- Join user groups and attend seminars related to your job role
- Performs other duties as required
Experience, Education & Skills:
- BS degree in Construction Management, Facilities Management, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years’ experience in one or more of the following:
- Accounting solutions implementation
- Lease management and lease accounting
- Capital Project/Program management
- Capital asset planning and management
- Operations / Facilities Management
- Building space /Space management
- Demonstrated experience implementing enterprise software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn software and new technologies with minimal guidance
- Experienced knowledge of SQL Database and WebServices
- Experienced knowledge of Cognos or Crystal Report development methodologies
- Understanding of application development, testing & certification
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organization skills and proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Willingness to travel
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D