We are seeking a Sr Analyst / Associate-level commercial real estate originations underwriter to be fully dedicated to our client, a New York City-based debt fund within a larger top-name commercial real estate firm with assets under management in the several $Billions. The debt fund has a multi-$billion mandate and focuses on large, opportunistic deals throughout the country and across all asset classes.
In this role, you will sit on-site at our client and work among their team. You will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with originating and structuring complex commercial real estate senior and mezzanine bridge loans, and preferred equity investments. You will support senior originators and take loans from initial inquiry through term sheet. You will collaborate with the underwriting team through the full due diligence and closing of the loans.
This role is being structured with an initial 6-month commitment which may extend longer.
You will work on a wide range of financing transactions working directly with senior members of the team in a flat organization structure. Work responsibilities include:
- Real estate valuation analysis
- Excel modeling
- Debt structuring
- Real estate loan origination (whole loan, mezzanine, preferred equity)
- Preparation of presentations and memoranda evaluating investment merits and risks, market dynamics, and projected investment returns
- Transaction execution, including negotiation of loan documentation
- Market research
We seek candidates who are interested in real estate, highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of CRE high yield debt lending, preferably at a top-tier investment bank, private-equity firm, or advisory firm
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures
- Advanced experience with Excel, Argus is ideal
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Perseverance, stamina, and a self-starter
- Interest / ability to work in a role that is temporary to potentially permanent in nature
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify