JPI associates are the heart of our business. Be part of a collaborative culture that supports growing each individual and their unique strengths.
The Senior Asset Management Analyst will primarily focus on the reporting, metrics and strategies of a group of new construction multi-family real estate projects as well as provide support to the development, design management and accounting teams. This position supports the Regional Asset Manager with analytics and due diligence required to meet the performance goals of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Asset Management & Operations
• Assist with directing and communicating with in-house and/or third party property management to achieve property level strategies including rents, leasing velocity and managing expenses.
• Design, develop and refine tailored real estate financial (e.g., cash flow, valuation, reforecast) and business models using Excel to support the decision-making process for real estate transactions.
• Participate in marketing material creation/review process for new developments.
• Inspect individual assets on an as-needed basis, including documentation of necessary action items and value creation opportunities
• Perform necessary analytical tasks as related to the review of loan docs, appraisals, expenditures, insurance, draw requests and other tasks.
• Provide feedback and variance reports for monthly operating statements, annual operating budgets and business plans for new assets.
• Oversee preparation of weekly and monthly update performance reports on assets – recommend strategies to meet/exceed goals.
• Work with senior management to develop dashboard metrics and enterprise reporting systems.
• Tracking market economics for target markets, comparables, new developments and stabilized asset sales (including return on cost and cap rate metrics).
• Assist with the preparation of financing packages and marketing packages for capitalization and disposition purposes
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Real Estate is preferred.
• Ability to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, tenants, vendors and/or any other representative of external organizations.
• Strong computer skills, preferably using Windows applications, budget systems, and Yardi/OneSite.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment, think both strategically and tactically, and manage complexity and achieve results constantly shifting priorities.
• Excellent problem solving, negotiation, influencing, and persuasion skills, including the ability to cultivate multiple networks
• Competitive candidates will possess 2 years prior experience within investment management, real estate development or asset management and have a thorough understanding of financial analysis including how to calculate and interpret return metrics (Cap Rate, IRR, Return on Cost, Residual Value, etc.)
• Multifamily industry experience is preferred
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS (communications, interpersonal skills, etc.):
• Problem Solving
• Team Player
• Drive & Initiative
• Positive Attitude
• Demonstrable alignment with JPI’s goal, values, and principles
• Strong Communication Skills (Listening, Verbal & Written)
• Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Additional skills in Tableau, CRM platforms, Relational Databases, Programming and VBA are a plus.
The is intended to describe the major requirements and the major duties which comprise the framework for this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or requirements. JPI Employment Services, LLC retains the discretion to add or change the job duties at any time.