Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our creativity, expertise and extraordinary people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to craft an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
Our nationally recognized development team is a leader with vision that partners with owners, operators, users and investors to help align facility solutions, financial opportunities and business needs. With a real estate development group that dates back to 1975, Mortenson has the know-how and experience to anticipate and overcome any issue, big or small, that might arise in the development process. Financing, entitlements, speed of delivery, public and private partnerships, and value creation are just a few of the elements we have successfully guided our customers through over the years.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and uncommon teams. Mortenson has been voted a best place to work more than 40 times over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?
Mortenson Development, Inc. is currently seeking an Asset Manager who will be responsible for national portfolio management and performance reporting for a private equity commercial real estate portfolio across hospitality, multifamily and medical office asset classes. The portfolio is expected to grow organically through development activity, and in this role you will bridge the full development life cycle from opportunity identification into asset operations and ultimately, to disposition. You will craft strategies to maximize asset values that exceed industry benchmarks, and to provide leadership and oversight of financial, capital, operations and administrative aspects of the portfolio. Geographic markets include Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Portland and Seattle.
- Hit or exceed targeted returns on portfolio assets through financial oversight and business planning
- Evaluate investment and property operating performance by preparing cash flow forecasts
- Conduct asset valuations and investment reviews
- Develop short and long term range budgetary projections utilizing economic forecasting
- Complete financial analysis to assess the impact of budget changes and budget variances
- Conduct variance analyses of property performance and operational efficiency
- Coordinate financial/asset management reporting on monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis
- Maintain independent relationships with debt and equity capital partners, co-development partners, third-party management agents and service providers to ensure that all assets continue to meet or exceed their investment goals
- Develop and maintain leasing and revenue management strategies
- Research and select property management companies for designated assets, manage performance of selected company over time
- Understand the terms and conditions of property agreements and ensure property management staff is providing required services
- Engage with developers at early stages of a project, provide input on business plan and begin on-boarding project into asset portfolio
- Lead building life cycle, including capital improvements and dispositions
- Identify efficiencies and savings and implement standard methodologies to increase portfolio value
- Ensure compliance with any loan covenants and assist in cash management, including correspondence for capital calls and distributions
- No direct reports
- Travel up to 20% may be required
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute successful real estate strategies
- Independent judgement, ability to define problems and formulate and implement solutions
- Strong financial acumen
- Extraordinary analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to run and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Adaptive and effective communication and active listening skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and strong customer service skills
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, initiative and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer relationship building skills, with developed local/regional business knowledge and relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail sufficient for data management, reporting, financial projections and market analysis
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively influence and work with those of diverse backgrounds and levels of the organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, real estate or related field
- 3-7 years’ of experience in asset management, development or acquisitions of commercial real estate
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer