Role: Facilities Manager - Critical Environments
Assignment: Workplace Solutions
Humana is seeking a Critical Environments Portfolio Facilities Management Leader that will be responsible for strategic facility planning and daily management of the data centers, pharmacy distribution centers and other critical environment areas within the portfolio. Critical facilities encompass both electrical and mechanical systems, and the successful candidate is expected to have expertise in data center facility design, operations and maintenance. This individual will also be responsible for technical consult and development, oversight and implementation of portfolio wide quality assurance program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Portfolio management to include planning and budgeting of facilities operating expense and capital
- Management of outsourced vendor partners and other internal partners who delivery services to our associates and the facilities (EH&S, Health & Wellbeing, other functions within and outside of WPS, etc.) to ensure service level expectations are appropriate, communicated and driven
- Risk mitigation, ensuring facilities are properly maintained and issues are addressed and driven to resolution appropriately and expeditiously
- Establishment of policies, procedures, standards and operating processes that ensure the highest operational effectiveness
- Provide technical consultation for maintenance of entire portfolio
- Develop and conduct quality assurance program for portfolio maintenance
- Maintains proactive and clear communications with all levels of the organization, partners and customers
- Communications and negotiations in more complex matters to resolve issues with landlords, municipalities, etc. with oversight of our risk and legal counsel.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first.
- Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Strong technical background in critical data center facilities, IT operations, and data center construction
Strong background in mechanical and electrical systems
Expert knowledge in industry safety best practices
Excellent communications, organization and influence skills
Ability to manage in a matrixes organization
- Master’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Design
- Prior group implementation and/or project management experience
- Certification – Six Black Belt preferable
- PMP certification highly desired