Landmark Dividend LLC is a global diversified real estate and infrastructure company that acquires and develops utility-scale wind, solar, transmission and battery storage energy projects; telecommunications infrastructure; real estate interests underlying operationally essential assets within the wireless communication and outdoor advertising industries; and Digital Infrastructure assets that include data centers, fiber optics and technology oriented real estate. Landmark Dividend is a private fund manager and general partner of a public company (Landmark Infrastructure Partners LP – Nasdaq: LMRK) with total assets under management nearing $2 billion.
Landmark Dividend is seeking a Transaction Manager to join the Digital Infrastructure team at its corporate headquarters in El Segundo, CA. The qualified candidate will report to the Vice President – Investments, and will join one of the top digital infrastructure acquisition teams in the U.S. The candidate will be instrumental in the overall success of the Digital Infrastructure team. The Transaction Manager will be involved in the entire life cycle of a transaction from LOI through closing, including post-closing obligations. This position is critically important for all Digital Infrastructure assets in the areas of due diligence, closing and overall transaction management.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for assisting team members on the Digital Infrastructure team; Legal, Tax, Finance/Capital Markets and Accounting departments, and executive leadership with a host of tasks related to Digital Infrastructure transactions including, but not limited to, due diligence, resolving issues, preparing closing documents, disbursement of funds and recording, review of title and survey, ordering and scheduling 3rd party reports and site inspections, marketing, executive reporting, responding to lender inquiries, assistance with investment committee and board presentations and assistance with annual business planning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a closing strategy and transaction timeline for each Digital Infrastructure transaction and identify impediments to closing. Enter and maintain deal specific data, and track deal progress via Landmark’s proprietary operating system.
- Assist with transaction management, from LOI through to closing, including post-closing obligations. Create settlement statements, calculate prorations, review and finalize title, prepare all closing documents and obtain signed closing documents from seller. Close transaction and coordinate with Accounting department for disbursement of funds.
- Conduct legal searches and respond to discovery. Research property and seller details using online state and county records and coordinate with internal and external counsel on deadlines and closings.
- Maintain communication with all parties and provide timely updates. Manage seller and internal department expectations. Provide status updates at weekly department meetings and as requested.
- Support onboarding of properties and act as liaison with external property and facilities managers.
- 3rd Party Vendors – schedule, track, and summarize reports that include appraisals, environmental reports (Phase 1 & 2), Property Condition Assessments (PCA), Roof Inspections, Structural Inspections, Critical Infrastructure Inspections (Generators, UPS, Cooling), Fiber Optic inspections, Surveys, etc. Arrange site visits and pay invoices.
- Assist with completing loan packages and satisfying lender requests by providing all due diligence material necessary for lender underwriting.
- Assist with projects that include, but are not limited to, internal transaction reports, monthly/quarterly/annual Digital Infrastructure portfolio reports, market research, and investment committee and board presentations.
- Manage all internal and external data rooms and ensure that all documents are properly obtained, organized, signed and saved in their correct location.
- Lease Administration: manage relationship with external lease administration vendor, submit lease documents and amendments, and other important documents for abstracting. Generate reports using document abstract software, and interface with leasing and asset management personnel as it relates to all lease and document administration matters.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year university and Paralegal Certificate.
- Title/Escrow: complete knowledge of all aspects of the title and escrow process.
- Commercial real estate paralegal and/or commercial real estate transaction management and closing experience.
- 3 to 7+ years of experience in commercial real estate transactions, particularly in the areas of title, survey, escrow and closing procedures, and general transactional document review and transaction management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, forward-thinking, self-motivated, results oriented and a detail-driven focus with expertise in problem solving, organization, and follow up.
- Tech savviness and experience with standard software and research platforms (e.g. Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Docusign, CoStar, LoopNet, Salesforce CRM databases, etc).
- High level of energy and proven track record of working within a high-performance deal team environment. Must have a genuine interest and passion for commercial real estate and infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with various investment and real estate professionals throughout the country.