The Asset Manager will report to Senior Management and assist in all aspects of property-level operating activities and strategies for the Company’s residential portfolio of multi-family properties across several states including NY, NJ, PA & FL. Responsibilities include financial reporting, budgeting, leasing strategies, construction management and overseeing property management and tenant relations.
The ideal candidate has experience in property management, leasing, and financial budgeting in the NYC market and rent-stabilized properties. The candidate is also highly analytical, a self-starter, and can decipher financial data to effectively review and evaluate residential investment opportunities and to assess the performance of individual residential assets in GRJ’s portfolio. The ideal candidate is able to work independently with minimal supervision and is able to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Review and analyze monthly property financial statements; write standard monthly reports and maintain plans of action. Conduct various analyses of accounting reports, real estate taxes, risk management and various operating expenses
- Reconcile monthly property management reports
- Update and discern monthly cash analysis for every asset
- Oversee capital expenditures and payment trackers for all buildings.
- Handle all accounts payable via Quickbooks and property management software
- Analyze and monitor the financial performance of investments, which entails reviewing annual budgets, and raising awareness of performance concerns.
- Perform onsite property visits and conduct property reviews to evaluate performance.
- Produce ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of assets.
- Analyze and identify opportunities for value enhancement and improving cash flow within the portfolio
- Assist in dispositions, refinancing and lease transactions.
- Monitor construction progress, budget overruns, along with approving any change orders and construction draws.
- Oversee any tenant legal proceedings. Help identify opportunities to uncover cases related to non-payment, illegal, and fraudulent activity at the property and/or tenant level.
- Administer the lease administration process including monitor leases and management agreements, to protect ownership rights and ensure contract compliance
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, or Business-related degree (advanced degree preferred but not essential)
- Experience in multi-family asset management
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills and highly skilled in financial analysis.
- Understanding of financial reports and variance drivers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex business contracts and reports
- Demonstrated ability to identify errors, problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement.
- Able to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with various departments within the Company.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus (not essential).
Full Time Position. Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
GRJ LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About GRJ LLC
GRJ is a Manhattan-based owner/developer/operator focused on acquiring multi-family and mixed-use real estate assets. The Company currently owns a portfolio of 731 apartment units comprised of over 702,000 square feet of prime real estate in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, New Jersey & Florida.
GRJ seeks to identify mismanaged properties with potential to drive rents through extensive renovation and asset repositioning. An integrated platform of property, asset, leasing, construction and investment management ensures the execution and implementation of each property’s business plan.
Job Type: Full-time