APD Urban Planning and Management LLC. is seeking a full time senior project manager for our Atlanta office. We are interested in an experienced, highly motivated, detail-oriented professional with a background in real estate development and community/urban planning. The senior project manager will play an integral part in the creation of real estate redevelopment plans for communities throughout the Southeast and Midwest. APD-U is a national planning firm focused on urban neighborhood revitalization with an emphasis in project implementation. Our firm consists of experienced professionals in multiple disciplines, including neighborhood and urban planning, community development, and real estate development.
Minimum Experience & Training
A minimum of four years of professional experience in the planning and real estate development field, working in urban neighborhoods. Combined masters and undergraduate degrees in degree in real estate development and urban planning and at least two years of experience managing projects and staff. Will accept candidates with a bachelor’s degree in real estate development, planning or a related field and six years of professional experience inclusive of a minimum of two years’ experience managing projects and staff. Professional certifications in real estate and/or planning are a plus.
Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Leading real estate advisory services including predevelopment work, financial and feasibility analysis.
- Directing the creation of community planning documents, housing reports, and real estate reports.
- Managing projects including facilitating client meetings, tracking and reporting on project deadlines, preparing detailed reports and processing timeline constraints.
- Collecting and preparing data for the implementation of neighborhood plans.
- Running financial analysis that might include creating a development budget and operating pro forma.
- Research on grants and other type of conventional and social investment funding sources for the implementation on housing and mixed-use projects.
- Spearheading the collection and preparation of data for the development and implementation of neighborhood plans.
- Supporting and supervising project staff in meeting project deliverables.
- Presenting reports and other findings to clients and community stakeholders.
- Exploring new and creative community engagement practices to apply in specific projects.
- Leading the production of GIS maps and spatial analysis, include compiling, analyzing, and managing socioeconomic and geospatial data
- Designing and implementing specific policies and programs related to community development.
- Playing a significant role in the business development of the company.
- Extensive experience preparing and assembling planning reports including presentation graphics.
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff, clients, and projects
- Ability to apply analytical methods and sound judgment in problem solving
- Previous work in real estate development and community development.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
- Strong proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS (preferably Desktop and Online platforms) is preferred but not required, but must have working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS platforms;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in more than one project at a time.
- Detail oriented and commitment to accuracy and meeting project deadlines.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications skills
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Please submit the following documents no later than March 23, 2018 via email to Bridget Wiles:
- Cover Letter
- 3 references with contact information (name, firm, position, phone AND email)
- Example of real estate related financial analysis prepared within past 12 months
- GIS and Adobe samples that illustrate the candidate’s software proficiency
- Written samples of report or technical work (primarily written by applicant, if a team project is submitted clearly indicate if work was done as part of a team, and your specific contribution to the work).
Incomplete submittals will not be considered or reviewed