Responsible for the day-to-day management of the real estate transactions required for a corporate client or Investor Clients. Responsible for running the day-to-day operation of a building/property when needed. They are now focused partially on corporation operations and strategy for the company versus the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Majority of time focuses on a building and building activities. The remainder of time is spent on overseeing other managers other buildings.
- Analyzes and negotiates business terms of real estate contracts on behalf of property owners.
- Communicates client requirements to listing brokers and follows up to ensure requirements and deadlines are met.
- Prepares, analyzes and presents periodic activity reports and account reviews.
- Analyzes project proposals and communicates project status.
- Conducts legal review of leases, purchase agreements and other documents on the client's behalf.
- Abstracts and analyzes all financial information that impact a real estate transaction.
- Manages Mid-South records, including preparing and tracking Management and Maintenance agreements, abstracting and filing, working with Corporate Accounting on tracking management and maintenance delinquencies.
- Coordinates set up of properties in various accounting systems, to include property level and corporate level accounting.
- Works with Director and serves on Property Transition Team to help facilitate the onboarding of new properties to make sure they are properly set up and important data is distributed to team members.
- Works with Director to facilitate accounts that are transitioning away to make sure all parties are notified and that the proper procedures are followed.
- Coordinates with HR and Asset Services Training Coordinator the onboarding of new employees.
- Assist in annual Corporate and Property Budget Process.
- Prepares and distributes critical date reports on budget and CAM schedules.
- Works as a liaison between the various offices, insuring appropriate parties receive Lease documentation & property information for managed properties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 7 – 10 years of related experience and/or training
- Professional designation such as CPM, CCIM, RPA and/or FMA preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Able to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of complex reports.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, financial instruments, tax laws, and construction.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.