Building Energy Specialist
Akron Energy Systems is looking to further strengthen its technical capability by recruiting a Building Energy Specialist. This individual will provide innovative solutions that help to improve the use of energy in commercial, industrial and governmental buildings. If you are enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and want to make a difference in a team oriented environment, this could be for you.
We are ideally looking for someone with knowledge and experience in many of the areas below:
- Building HVAC operations and maintenance.
- Building energy management.
- Assess, troubleshoot and recommend improvements to building utility use and control systems.
- Gas, water and electric metering technologies.
- Heating and cooling systems.
- Steam and chilled water systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Audit and assess utility use (make operational recommendations to improve or conserve utility usage to buildings).
- Development of preventative and predictive maintenance plans for building HVAC and utility systems.
- Working with clients and building staff.
- Performs their responsibilities and duties in a safe manner.
- Access and program Building Automation and Energy Management Systems to reduce building energy consumption.
- Deliver hands on approach to implementing solutions.
- Minimum 10 years’ of building or HVAC operations management experience.
- Universal CFC Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in all of the following: energy management, building HVAC systems, steam, hot water, and chilled water systems.
- Knowledge and experience in building automation and control systems, metering and lighting.
- Knowledge of energy auditing principles.
- Experience in analyzing energy data (utility bills, spreadsheets).
- Desire to work in a customer centric team environment.
- Ability to scope and determine project costs.
- Solid understanding of industry standards and regulatory requirements relating to building HVAC systems and energy efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience in energy efficient building design and specification.
- Understanding of factors affecting occupant comfort, including use of test methods, modeling methods and software.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Building automation experience (BACNet, Modbus).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- This is a full-time, permanent position, will consider part-time for more experienced candidate.
- Salary $55,000-$80,000 – depending on experience.
- Position includes full benefits – medical, dental, life, vision, 401k, vacation and sick time.