A national Real Estate Developer seeks a full time independent contractor to provide project management support and oversight on a complex demolition and site redevelopment project in the Kansas City area. The project will commence in December of 2017 with an anticipated completion date in 2021. The Project Manager will work with an extensive project team and report to the Senior Vice President of Development. Office space on the jobs site will be provided for the project manager’s use.
- Oversee day to day demolition and site work for the duration of the project
- Provide data and project information for inclusion in Quarterly Project Progress Reports
- Review, track, and monitor construction and demolition reports from contractors and consultants
- Oversee demolition and construction testing and monitoring testing activities
- Populate the project repository with all demolition and construction documentation
- Assemble demolition and construction documentation required for submission to regulators
- Oversee sequencing of demo and construction work and track adherence to project schedule
- Track permits required for demolition and site work and monitor permit requirements to ensure they are met
- Review consultant and subcontractor invoices for demolition and construction scopes of work
- Oversee jobsite conditions, health and safety, and security
- Oversee jobsite quality assurance and quality control
- Attend design coordination meetings with consultants and contractors
- Attend scope specific project coordination meetings with consultants and contractors
- Attend weekly project coordination meetings with consultants and contractors
- Provide support for utility relocations
- Provide support for monitoring and reporting efforts required for the project
- Assemble all documentation required for project close out
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or related field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience, demonstrating superior:
- Sound judgment and absolute integrity
- Analytical ability, sound judgment, and proven project management skills
- Written and oral communication ability
- Excellent organization
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Ability to oversee third-party contractors/vendors from both a cost and quality standpoint
- Capable of reviewing project reports, construction documents, working drawings, project schedules, etc.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training preferred
This positon is for an independent contractor only. The contractor will not be considered an employee of the company, nor is the position eligible to participate in any benefit programs offered by the company including but not limited to health insurance, retirement savings, or annual bonus. The contractor will be responsible for providing their own computer, phone, etc. required to perform the job.