Topgolf is seeking a Director of Real Estate Development to drive and support the efforts of our Real Estate Development team at every stage of the deal including preconstruction, governmental and entitlement process. The position will report directly to the Chief Development Officer and lead development execution (site design, feasibility, governmental entitlements, pre-construction processes, project management) with an “ownership mindset”.
How You’ll Do It
- Vet and review due diligence efforts for completeness of information gathered, compliance with scope of consultant’s contracts, and key issue spotting in order to support budget assumptions, evaluate risks and inform investment committee decision making regarding the pursuit of new venue development projects;
- Develop and drive the project schedules, including key milestones, and work together with Real Estate, Development, Legal, Construction and consultant partners to successfully execute the development plan;
- Develop and manage project budget to maximize quality and overall effectiveness of project and investment goals;
- Identify and evaluate project consultants through solicitations for proposals and networking; supervise and guide consultants and engineers and ensure consultant stay on track with timing and scope of engagement;
- Develop relationships with key project constituencies, including City Council, Neighborhood Associations, Design Review Board, Planning Commission, etc.
- Work together with the Director of Real Estate Acquisition, as a team, to execute new development opportunities
- Lead new Topgolf venue development efforts, consultant selection, and associated contract negotiations
- Direct the internal project team(s) and outside consultants in creating an effective strategy for the success of the project(s)
- Lead the entitlement process from zoning through permit procurement
- Lead and maintain project budgeting summary, site design, planning and value engineering efforts to include hard and soft costs from conceptual design through closing of financing
- Work together with the construction partners to ensure the creation of responsible budgets, schedules and design decisions to include on-going design decisions, change order approval, and monthly draw requests
- Effectively transition project(s) to construction team upon receipt of all permits and approvals
What We’re Looking For
- 8-10 years of experience of working for or with an owner / retailer /developer of large scale (ground up) commercial real estate development;
- Strong knowledge of real estate development, design, project management and construction;
- Real Estate, law, planning, architecture or engineering certifications or licenses are helpful, but not required;
- BA or BS with an emphasis on business, finance, engineering, design, planning, or law; MBA preferred, but emphasis will be placed on prior experience
- Outside of the box thinker that will perform both strategic and tactical functions.
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.