Rialto Capital Management, LLC (“Rialto”) a real estate investment management firm with over $5 billion AUM, as of 12/31/2017, across various real estate related funds and separate accounts. The Commercial Property Group (CPG) is responsible for acquisitions and asset management of all direct equity investments for Rialto Capital Management, LLC, as well as sourcing and structuring investments for various Rialto sponsored investment vehicles. The Associate is an integral part of the team and will be responsible for supporting acquisition and asset management functions for the Western half of the United States, including Colorado. This includes evaluating new opportunities for direct equity investments, including joint ventures and recapitalizations, across all property types, and select debt investment opportunities as well as supporting asset management, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite and analyze potential acquisitions, equity recapitalizations, joint-venture equity investments and select structured finance investments
- Build financial, valuation and sensitivity models for potential acquisitions of real estate assets and/or debt
- Model property and loan cash flows utilizing Excel and Argus to determine NPV and IRR of potential investments
- Coordinate due diligence process on new acquisitions, including legal, financial, and physical reviews
- Perform research on various markets throughout the U.S. and communicate with brokers and partners in these markets
- Conduct property / site inspections as needed for existing and potential assets
- Maintain current ARGUS models for Western Region assets and assist team with annual business plans, quarterly reports, and quarterly valuations.
- Draft and prepare investment briefs and presentations to senior management and Investment Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or other related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ relevant work experience, banking or principal investing preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Visual Basic a plus
- Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills are required, with the ability to multi-task
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates. Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.