Private owner, operator and developer of commercial real estate with 10 million square feet of office space under management in 7 regions. They are guided by a long-term approach to investing, but also retain the entrepreneurial flexibility to take advantage of ever-changing market conditions. This philosophy is achieved by building honest and enduring relationships with their business partners, financial institutions and industry peers. They are Owner Operators.
Seeking a Senior Property Manager to support the Property Management and Operations group. The position will be located in Rosslyn, VA and will require close interaction with Senior Management and collaboration with the acquisition, development, investment management, asset management, leasing, construction, and accounting professionals of the company.
Financial Reporting Requirements
- Conduct a detailed monthly review of all operating costs and produce variance explanations and reports. Compare revenue, expense and capital expenditures to budget and report on them accordingly.
- Timely and accurate preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Review and maintain tenant complaint log, work orders and remedial actions taken.
- Implement proper reporting procedures when any accident or irregular incident occurs, such as thorough accident reports, incident reports and theft reports. Follow up with proper dispatching of these reports to the appropriate sources.
- Oversight of a team of Property Managers, Administrative Assistant with the ability to collaborate with building engineering team and multiple vendors.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE.
Oversee and manage commercial office property operations of assets approximately 500,000 sq feet of commercial office space.
- Manage contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; overseeing any capital improvement, TI projects.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; monthly financial statements and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant spaces and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Oversee property management staff – Assistant Property Manager and Engineer
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Senior Property Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 10+ years of commercial property management experience with Class A office expertise, managing multi-site locations
- 5+ years direct supervisory skills of property management staff (6) six or more direct employees, and outside vendors and contractors, with proven experience professionally developing property management staff.
- Experience developing budgets, creating variance reports, monthly financial statements, strong familiarity with understanding CAM reconciliations, true up calculations, accruals etc
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree is preferred and any relevant real estate certifications. RPA. RPM, CFM
- Candidate preferred will be self-managed, proactive and a self-starter with exceptional leadership skills.