Principal Global Investors is currently looking for a mid-level researcher to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to and supporting existing research products as well as ongoing initiatives; engaging in database management, quantitative modeling as well as contributing to complex projects, which will help investment teams across the four real estate quadrants identify risks and opportunities in commercial real estate markets.
The incumbent will also assist the research team in communicating and presenting findings of research projects and underlying methodologies to internal stakeholders as well as contribute to continual improvement of the research department’s suite of products, thereby helping to constantly improve the organization’s investment decision capabilities. The incumbent will be a member of real estate space and capital markets research team within Principal Real Estate Investors.
- Support investment teams across all four quadrants.
- Develop data driven solutions to complex problems
- Contribute written analysis to internal and external publications, including white papers and industry thought pieces
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of macroeconomic and market level economic and commercial real estate data.
- Support investment teams by providing appropriate research solutions including customized analysis above and beyond off-the-shelf reports.
High Performers will have:
- Commercial real estate / capital market knowledge
- Experience working with macroeconomic and regional economic data
- Global view of commercial real estate as an asset class
- Be an engaged and motivated to look for solutions that address complex issues
- Have experience leveraging data and analysis to tell a story
Strong interest in real estate and economic research.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics, or real estate with 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record in investment analysis and/ or research required.
- Strong quantitative skills required. Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with statistical or econometric modeling and software (e,g., SAS, EViews, R, Python, Stata) is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated diplomacy and problem-solving skills for use within the team structure and with other internal work groups.
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and utilization of research methodology and project management skills is required.
- Some travel may be required
Investment Code of Ethics:
You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.