Regional Property Manager
We are a privately held commercial real estate investment firm based in Beverly Hills, CA that owns and operates a diversified portfolio of properties primarily in California and Texas. Our expertise encompasses various facets of real estate investments, entitlement, redevelopment, and asset management across a variety of asset types including multifamily, office, medical office, and land development.
We are currently looking to hire a senior level Regional Property Manager to oversee our multi-family portfolio in DFW and Austin.
- Manage third-party managers to ensure the appearance and functionality of the properties meet company standards.
- Conduct routine inspections of assets’ interior and exterior areas, and make appropriate recommendations for maintenance items and capital improvement projects.
- Oversee the execution of capital projects, interior upgrades and amenity enhancement programs.
- Conduct frequent surveys in order to develop and implement effective tenant retention programs in working with third party property managers.
- Work with third party property managers to prepare annual budgets, monthly financial variance reports, operational analysis, and leasing activity reports.
- Work with third party marketing firms and property managers to formulate, direct and coordinate marketing plans to achieve company revenue objectives and resident satisfaction
- Work in partnership with the acquisition team on underwriting and due diligence efforts for new multifamily investment opportunities.
- Manage the takeover of newly acquired assets and ensure a smooth and successful transition into the portfolio.
- Develop and communicate strategic recommendations regarding optimal exit strategies; coordinate and execute successful asset dispositions.
- Review financial reporting and variance analysis and coordinate with accounting personnel to ensure financial statements are accurately presented to principals and investors. Ensure adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting, forecast cash flow of property, and audit resident files as well as controllable/non-controllable expenses.
- Perform asset-level valuation reviews as needed, including gathering market data, reviewing property performance and measuring each asset against its budgets and competitive set.
- Monitor and identify opportunities to increase income and/or reduce expenses such as managing utility expenses, optimizing rental rates, and increasing recoveries from residents.
- Analyze rental activity metrics including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, rentals, notices, and close ratios to ensure requirements are met and provide additional training as necessary.
- Effectively communicate financial and operational performance of properties to investors and diligently respond to questions, concerns and complaints.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years previous multifamily property management experience
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency in real estate accounting and property management software programs such as Yardi
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with internal and external contacts
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an intense, high-energy environment
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities/projects as necessary
- Willingness to frequently travel within Texas and to Los Angeles
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities. We offer a base salary plus bonus depending on the candidate, as well as a full benefits package.