The Transactions Associate is responsible for providing transaction management as well as financial and analytical support in the acquisition and disposition of properties with the purpose of improving portfolio quality, credit quality of the cash flows and generating appropriate risk adjusted returns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and reviews financial projections and pricing analyses (utilizing financial metrics such as internal rate of return, return on investment and loan amortization, etc.) related to the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets using technical software such as Excel and Argus as tools
- Assists the coordination of transaction management and financial due diligence related to the acquisition and disposition of properties
- Participates in drafting and review of transaction documents
- Contributes daily to the current and future implementation of corporate strategy as it relates to the transactions team. Takes initiative in deal origination and deal sourcing by establishing industry relationships
- Participates in the negotiation of business terms of acquisition and disposition transactions
- Assists the transaction process by coordinating with other DDR departments, brokers and legal counsel to consummate disposition and acquisition transactions
- Distributes property information to potential buyers or brokers hired by DDR. Facilitates ongoing correspondence with these sources to make deal processes more efficient
- Stays abreast of industry trends, transactional activity and outside research perspectives relative to the retail real estate markets
- Advances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field with three plus years of financial experience related to real estate through investment banking, public accounting or other industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong knowledge of financial theory, financial analysis and generally accepted accounting principles
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to use logic to interpret and explain complex instructions
- Computer skills; financial spreadsheet capabilities and advanced proficiency in Argus real estate projection software
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand the project at hand and how it relates to the Company’s overall goals and strategies
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Strong computer skills including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Nature of work requires an ability to analyze, communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, and operate standard business office equipment.
Work performed in a general office environment. Will require extended hours during peak periods of work. Availability for occasional travel.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of DDR. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.