Vice President, Asset Management
Our client is looking for a Vice President of Asset Management to oversee a diversified portfolio of asset types (retail, office, multi-family, industrial, hotel) and investment strategies (opportunistic, value-add, core plus, core) in the western half of the United States. This position is based in Southern California and only local candidates will be considered.
- Perform due diligence for new acquisitions including lease abstraction, determination of market rents, validate pro-forma cash flows, interview brokers, review tenant credit, review environmental, engineering and appraisal reports and verify historical financial information.
- Develop annual budgets and business plan strategies.
- Develop and implement financing and disposition strategies.
- Maintain relationships with partners, property managers, brokers, and lenders.
- Review financial information including operating and capital budgets, monthly financial statements, lease requests, construction draws and appraisals
- Perform site inspections
- Approve and monitor cash distributions.
- Attend seminars and conferences related to real estate.
- Train and oversee analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree, in real estate, finance or accounting, required.
- Five or more years of real estate investment management experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of real estate and capital markets.
- Exceptional quantitative skills; Argus experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter, able to work independently.
- Ability to work within a small team environment.
- Up to 25% travel required.