The Property Manager is responsible for the management a commercial mixed-use complex located in Boston’s Seaport District. Responsibilities involve a broad range of property management functions as directed by the General Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business or a related field; and
- Three to five years of progressively responsible related office and retail experience in a commercial property, tenant management setting; or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Budgeting and Reporting – In coordination with the General Manager, the Property Manager is responsible for preparation of all budgets and reports on a timely basis including: annual budgets, reforecasts, year-end reconciliations, etc.
- Contracts/Contractor/Vendors – Negotiate appropriate service contracts; schedule and monitor daily activities and performance of contractors to ensure strict compliance with the duties specified in the contract; ensure contractors perform to the highest standards.
- Insurance - Ensure proper insurance is in place for the property, tenants, contractors and vendors and administer as appropriate
- Lease Administration – Monitor and enforce all lease terms including: timely billings, collection of rents, and issuance of default letters
- Tenant activities (i.e., construction, renovation, operations, etc.) pursuant to tenant’s obligations under the lease.
- Manuals, Handbooks and Standard Operating Procedures – Maintain and implement proper manuals and procedural manuals.
- Community & Government Relations– Relationships are an important and critical component of a manager’s responsibilities. Accordingly, this position will develop and maintain strong, positive community and government relations.
- Construction – Tenant and Building– Assist in construction and project management as needed.
- Leasing – Assist leasing department in the leasing efforts by:
- the development of marketing materials, collaterals and signage
- showing space
- reviewing tenant’s base building needs to determine if existing systems are sufficient
- negotiating license agreements for carts, kiosks or temporary, in-line uses
- negotiating and documenting renewals
- reporting tenant sales and conditions that might affect new and or existing deals
- Property Maintenance
- Maintain the safety and integrity of all buildings, systems and equipment through staff or contractors
- Project future needs including capital requirements and improvements
- Complete regular tours of the property to ensure proper maintenance of the facility, efficient and effective performance of responsibilities by staff, contractors, vendors and tenants adherence to terms of the lease.
- Tenant Communication and Relations
- Establish and maintain close relationship with office, showrooms and retail managers
- Create a positive experience for all patrons by establishing and maintaining exceptional operating standards
- Proactively respond to tenant issues; conduct formal and informal tenant meetings to promote/discuss marketing, operations and security
- Support marketing in the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan that enhances the property and key retailer sales as well as sponsorship and branding programs. Assist in delivering creative programming and maximize technological resources such as social media to connect with patrons
- Assist merchants, where possible, with merchandising, display and customer service
- Assist with oversight of the concierge including the hiring and training.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Some special events outside of the standard business hours may be required.
- It is understood that Property Management responsibilities are demanding and fluid. Requirements and focus, by necessity, may change from time to time and additional responsibilities assigned when appropriate.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- MRI experience is preferred
- General Office Equipment
- Security Software
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
- Knowledge of basic property management tools and skills.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Conflict Management Resolution
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Written and verbal communication
- Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or attend special events.