BKM Management Company is a growing firm and we are looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals that want to grow with us and are passionate about their work. Located in Seattle, Washington, the Regional Asset Manager is responsible for managing the performance of existing investments against the business plan for all Washington, and Oregon assets to maximize returns. This is a management role that will directly and indirectly supervise individuals, building staff, operations, and coordinate the various functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring client facilities generate a satisfactory cash flow, the properties are maintained in accordance with client standards and requirements, and customer satisfaction.
The Job Essentials
- Onsite office hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Washington, and Oregon portfolio of assets and associated management and leasing staff to ensure that all site operations are following established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and standard operating procedures consistent with the overall objectives.
- Key job functions include:
- Leasing oversight
- Property Management oversight
- Asset Management
- Culture Creation (Ability to lead, coach and inspire teams, recruit new talent, carry the company flag at industry events)
- Reports to the Director of Asset & Property Management.
- Responsible for implementing the short and the long term financial strategy, to maximize assets performance and value
- Provide first-class customer service to meet tenant needs & coordinate as needed to resolve problems.
- Create/prepare appropriate scopes of work and conduct for vendor bidding process.
- Oversee completion of tenant improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely completion, occupancy and rent commencement.
- Control operating cost, capital expenditures, and general and administrative costs.
- Maintaining the physical asset.
- Supervises employees and contractors.
- Assures adherence to specifications (contractual; operations manual).
- Conducts formal site inspections of building interior and exterior.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Ensures observance of safety regulations.
- Marketing and leasing oversight.
- Supervises leasing personnel.
- Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparable.
- Implements marketing plan.
- Periodically reviews rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs and overall occupancy and rent management.
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures manual.
- Approves and monitors rental rate recommendations for new leases and renewals based on current market information.
- Financial reporting and control.
- Manage monthly collections including invoicing, reporting, and verification of monthly billings against rent rolls
- Prepare annual budgets, review monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and CAM reconciliations.
- Reviews and helps develop annual property management plan and operating budget.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports.
- Approves payments (payroll, invoices).
- Approves expenditures in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Handles employee selection, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Ensures property files and records are maintained.
- Continually improves management and technical skills.
- Spends agreed-upon percentage of time on obtaining market knowledge, community relations, and asset evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate or other business discipline preferred.
- Minimum five years of related on-site property management and leasing experience.
- Minimum five years in supervisory role
- Ability to respond to many emails and/or phone requests that may arrive during the day, during the evening, or over the weekend.
- Ability to collaboratively work in a dynamic team environment.
- Solid analytical skills (Excel)
- General understanding and competence in the use of Yardi.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
Please submit resume and cover letter. Don’t fret if you don’t hear from us immediately. We are growing and always looking for talented, hardworking people like you.
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Management Company is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.