Dynamic real estate private equity investment group focused on industrial, office and multifamily opportunities across North America and Europe (the “Company”) is seeking a Development Project Manager to oversee the on time and on budget execution of urban multifamily development projects commencing with a new $150 million high-rise multifamily project in Philadelphia, PA, expected to break ground in late Q3 2018. The successful candidate will direct the daily operations of the projects including the managing and coordinating internal and external teams including contractors, design professionals, property managers, municipalities and consultants.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide day-to-day on-site management, technical direction, supervision and coordination of design, construction, pre-leasing and other related activities for the project while representing the Company's interests
· Pay careful attention to whether the project is proceeding on time, on budget and in accordance with plan; use project management tools/best practices to track and report progress and concerns
· Review and coordinate the Company’s response to all RFI’s, Change Orders and Change Directives
· Ensure the quality standards of the Company are maintained by inspecting work in process on a frequent basis
· Provide contract administration for all of the Company’s prime contractors (i.e. General Contractor, Architect, Interior Designer, Civil Engineer)
· Review bid packages, administer bids and review pricing
· Prepare development related contracts
· Communicate with permit plan reviewers and inspectors in an effort to meet the Company’s objectives
· Participate in the design process by providing budget, schedule and constructability input as the plans progress
· Provide accurate and professional internal and external progress reporting
· Support other development opportunities when asked
Ideal candidates for this position should possess the following qualifications:
· Relevant experience in high-rise residential and/or office construction or development - project management experience with a large-scale general contractor strongly preferred
· Proven skill in completing projects on time and on budget
· Strong, detailed oriented project management skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of the Project team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree (BS); Focus in Engineering or Construction Management preferred; Master’s Degree (MS or MBA) is a plus
· Microsoft/Excel/Outlook and Project
We would consider two types of candidates with the above skills at varying levels of their career: a) 4 to 7 years of experience and b) 15+ years of experience. Compensation will reflect qualification. This position is located in Philadelphia, PA.
We offer a competitive base salary and bonus package along with paid holidays and a comprehensive benefit and 401k plan.