About the Group
TH Real Estate, an operating division of TIAA Global Asset Management, is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with c.$97bn in AUM. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 18 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 450 professionals and 60 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This ‘Tomorrow’s World’ approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society.
TH Real Estate seeks to hire a Director of investments to oversee our investments and asset management for our West Coast Region team based in San Francisco, CA. He or she oversees the execution of managing, leasing, development, and dispositions of diversified, domestic real estate investments with a focus on the Office sector and Core, Core Plus and Value-Add spaces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to manage a portfolio of real estate assets with a focus on the Office sector and Core, Core Plus and Value-Add space for internal and external clients. Independently negotiates property management, leasing and construction contracts.
- Oversees the investment strategies for a significant portfolio of real estate investments, usually covering more than one market.
- Maintains familiarity and is conversant with current issues impacting the real estate management business. Possesses significant knowledge of current real estate market conditions for submarkets which assets are located. Strong ability to represent TH Real Estate and its interests to the overall real estate market.
- Execute disposition process and assist with the acquisition underwriting process.
- Will have some management of the Associates and third party relationships. Interactions with management companies and leasing brokers.
- Will be responsible for the annual budgeting process.
- BA Degree required
- Must have a minimum 7 to 12 years of real estate related experience of experience
- Strong network in the Northwest region
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently
- Must be computer literate with particular emphasis on Argus Enterprise, Excel and PowerPoint for performance analysis, scrutiny and presentation
- Strong analytical skill set
- Excellent report writing skills with keen attention to detail
- Experience managing external providers, for instance those handling outsourced asset management
- Travel involved
- MBA / CFA a plus
- Team player with excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- A high level of motivation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines