Avistone, a commercial real estate investment firm with a national footprint, is seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented Asset Management Analyst who will assist in overseeing our growing portfolio of stabilized and cash flowing industrial/business park properties. The successful candidate will have superior analytical, budgeting and written communication skills as well critical thinking skills and the ability to draw conclusions from operational and leasing data, market research, published reports and conversations with other real estate professionals. This position will play an integral role in driving investment performance, forecasting and reporting to equity partners. The Asset Management Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Asset Management.
This position can be located in either our Laguna Niguel, CA or Atlanta, GA office.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive annual business plans for each asset with the goal of maximizing value and cash flow for investors/equity partners.
- Monitor and evaluate property operating performance and capital improvements relative to business plan.
- Assist in developing sophisticated cash flow and partnership models using Excel and Argus.
- Provide on-going property re-forecasting and valuation analysis.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual lender and investor reports and presentations.
- Develop a working knowledge of leases, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other agreements to assist with general responsibilities.
- Assist in property operations including lease negotiations, capital improvement projects, budgeting, etc…
- Analyze tax assessments; direct and monitor tax appeal process using third-party service provider.
Knowledge and Skills:
The Asset Management Analyst will be a sophisticated investment professional with a thorough understanding of institutional real estate. S/he must be a high performing professional with commercial real estate investment analysis experience.
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, financing principles, and capital structures.
- Exceptional Excel and Argus (DCF v. 15 and Enterprise) skills.
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and display good judgment.
- Ability to communicate with sellers, brokers, high net-worth and institutional investors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment and maintain the high level of organization needed to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain quantity without sacrificing quality.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate, accounting or a related field preferred.
- At least two (2) years of full-time experience as an analyst and/or asset manager.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision care insurance package
- Paid sick, holiday and vacation time