Commercial Real Estate Analyst
(San Francisco or Burlingame, CA)
This position is focused on the placement of debt on commercial real estate supporting our commercial mortgage bankers. The Analyst position will have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of the finance process including underwriting, market research, property inspections, loan sizing, term sheet negotiation, and closing. This position requires working in a high-energy, team-focused environment working with multiple mortgage bankers.
Barry Slatt Mortgage is a long-standing privately held and respected institution with more than 45 years of experience in commercial mortgage banking. Barry Slatt Mortgage has diverse correspondent network with several of the most prestigious lenders in the country, providing custom-tailored solutions for borrowers' needs.
- Prepare loan sizers for financing assignments including research, financial modeling, borrower credit review and preparation of loan briefs for lender review.
- Responsible for financial modeling to properly underwrite the transaction and review with senior team members. Conduct property inspections as needed.
- Assist Mortgage Bankers in shopping new deals with lenders.
- Manage the due diligence process with internal and external parties working through the marketing and closing process for each transaction. Timely and professional interaction with team members, borrowers, lenders and third-party service providers.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, third-party reports) to understand lender security and analyze risk
- Participate in weekly meetings with Closing and Production professionals to discuss deal flow, deadlines, lenders, and new clients.
- Help maintain databases used to manage lenders, loan quotes, and deals.
- Begin to build relationships within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Accounting or other similar major.
- California Real Estate Salesperson License
- 1-3 years of experience in Finance, Banking or Real Estate
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) & ability to learn new applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Salary & Hours:
- Salary – Base salary plus generous deal bonus incentive
- M-F: 8.30a.m. - 5.30p.m. (Full Time); Some Traveling Involved.