CONTROLLER - Real Estate with Yardi
Century City based multi-family residential real estate company seeking a team orientated Controller/Accountant. We are looking for a hard working, bright, dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and leadership skills who is not afraid of responsibility or a fast paced high energy environment. The applicant to report directly to the CEO and supervise the accounting staff.
- Supervise accounting department and property management team.
- Interface with property managements on creation of monthly budgets and monitor for fluctuations.
- Complete monthly actual vs. budget comparisons.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and re-forecasts.
- Journalize acquisitions, dispositions and loan refinances.
- Prepare quarterly investor reports and financial statements.
- Insure proper maintenance of all general ledger accounts.
- Preparation of financial analysis for potential acquisitions and dispositions for investors and lenders.
- Review systems in place for accounts receivable and accounts payable and other management accounting functions and streamline operations as needed.
- Preparation of year end tax work papers and interface with external tax accounting firm.
- Monitor cash balances.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Oversee payroll and health benefit allocations.
- Maintain compliance with lender loan requirements.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations, governing entities and withholdings.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- 7+ years of accounting and financial experience in real estate
- Advanced knowledge of Yardi accounting software
- Solid understanding of Real Estate and Construction Accounting
- Ability to work within established deadlines
- Proven supervisory and team-building abilities
- Team oriented, hands on management style, with ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent skills in problem resolution; initiative, resourceful and investigative nature
- Analytical and independent thought process; ability to prioritize and handle confidential and sensitive information
Candidates without the above skill set will not be considered.
Please send your resume as a word document.
Salary $80,000 - $90,000 DOE with bonus opportunity, full benefits package to include health insurance, paid sick days and vacation time.