ABOUT ASIA CAPITAL REAL ESTATE:
Asia Capital Real Estate (“ACRE”) is a real estate investment firm, managing discretionary capital on behalf of private and institutional investors with offices in Singapore, New York and Atlanta. ACRE focuses on private equity and debt real estate investments primarily in the U.S. multifamily market, with regional concentration in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States.
Through a series of private equity and debt funds, ACRE provides investors access to its U.S. real estate platform, comprised of proprietary fund and asset management services which include new acquisitions, tax & legal structuring, debt origination, construction & refurbishment and property management services.
ACRE manages over $850 million of AUM invested across 10,000+ apartment units of existing product, institutional direct loans as well as special situations that include ground up development.
ACRE is seeking an associate to join its investment team. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis of equity and debt investment opportunities, including underwriting, business and financial due diligence, execution and asset management. The position will require the ability to create complex financial models to analyze various real estate related ventures including joint-venture split structures. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist in creating investment memoranda, conduct in-depth market research and property-level due diligence. The candidate will work closely with senior partners of the firm.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Assist senior investment professionals in underwriting, diligence, execution and asset management of property acquisitions, direct lending opportunities and other real estate equity investments
· Financial modeling and analysis for underwriting and due diligence activities via Excel
· Research property markets including competitive property sales and leasing data
· Conduct property-level due diligence including review of leases, property financial information and third-party reports
· Assist in writing pursuit and investment committee memoranda fir direct investments
· Assist portfolio management and capital raising professionals with asset valuations, investment summaries and presentations
· Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input to deals
· Ideal candidate will have between 2 and 5 years of related real estate finance experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Solid understanding of Excel with financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis experience
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
· Critical thinking ability and analytical mindset
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Ability to simplify complex ideas into presentable messages
· Fluency in additional languages a plus
Competitive compensation will be provided, to be commensurate with experience.