Associate, Portfolio Management
March 14, 2018
, Texas 75201
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The role of the Associate is to provide a high level of client, prospect and consultant support and service for Invesco’s high returning strategies. This includes, but is not limited to: client reporting, consultant requests, legal and compliance adherence, operations/data management coordination and RFP assistance. The Associate works directly with the fund operations and product management teams to plan, support and affect a strong internal and external client focus. Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Assist product management with client service, legal, operational and other noninvestment-related topics for Invesco’s high returning strategies.
- Coordinate information from various Invesco offices around the globe to provide accurate and timely information to clients, prospects and consultants.
- Maintain/manage client (and internal) expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff.
- Provide client and prospect support for Invesco’s high returning strategies including preparation of quarterly investor reports, client and consultant questionnaires, preparation of due diligence requests and preparation of responses to any other ad hoc requests received.
- Assist with distribution of client communications for high returning strategies, including capital call and distribution notices, and quarterly and annual deliverables.
- Assist with RFPs/RFIs.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the real estate funds and strategies.
- Be familiar with fund governing documents, offering documents and side letters to ensure proper application of fund terms.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- 2+ years of experience required
- Real estate experience preferred
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team oriented environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new software; PowerPoint experience a plus
- Solid understanding of real estate investment and accounting concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Strong organization skills
FLSA (US Only): Exempt The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
- College degree required – Finance or business related preferred
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.