Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
NOTE: The preferred location is Southern US, however we are willing to consider candidates from all US locations.
The Associate Director of Real Estate Services is responsible on multiple area levels for recommending and implementing strategic and comprehensive real estate services in support of the firm’s business activities. Activities include responsibility for benchmarking and monitoring real estate process guidelines and tools to be used on a national basis, as well as real estate portfolio management, acquisition and disposition of office space, implementation of firm workplace standards, lease administration, sublease administration, management of design and construction services, and portfolio benchmarking. The challenges in this role are complex and require a mastery in most facets of real estate services.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Recommends the strategic development of multiple area plans for acquisition and disposition of office space, including lease renewal, reconfiguration, renegotiation, and relocation. Strategies typically involve a portfolio of 1+ million SF with annual rents of $35 million and project budgets of $10+ million.
- Proactively managing the firm’s real estate portfolio in multiple areas, including benchmarking space usage against firm guidelines,recommending strategies to redeploy underutilized assets, and recommending strategies to take advantage of unique market conditions.
- Negotiates and coordinates legal review of all leases. Identifies surplus real estate assets and develops strategies for disposition, including subleasing, renegotiating lease terms, early terminations, lease assignments or landlord recaptures. Manages construction of leasehold improvements and then overseeing sublease administration and rent collection.
- Recommends improvement to firm metrics and implements workplace model (standards). Teams with design firms, ESS, AIT to develop efficient space plans and maximize space utilization.
- Provides recommendations for workplace standards. Performs post occupancy evaluations and leads post occupancy project reviews.
- Manages multiple areas' occupancy costs by negotiating competitive lease agreements with beneficial rental rates, manage project costs and capital expenditures. Recommends capital expenditure budgets and project costs.
- Maintains project timeliness, proactively monitors lease requirements and timing of projects. Ensures staffing and outside vendors are able to perform tasks in timely fashion. Monitors lease expiration dates and ensures timely completion of all projects
- Recommends selection of new office space, including subjective and financial analysis of alternative locations, negotiation of business terms legal terms, development and coordination of the approval process, and management of and responsibility for the design, construction and move process.
- Manages business relationships in compliance with firm procurement and independence policies. Recommends and implements programs to improve the quality of the procurement process for capital improvement projects.
- Recommends, implements and maintains best in class real estate implementation process.
- Recommends and implements strategies to establish and maintain national relationships with key service providers. On-going management of these relationships include brokers, attorneys, architects, project managers, contractors, and furniture and material providers, in compliance with firm's procurement and independence policies. Encourage new thinking in the firm and support innovative strategies promoting the management of efficient and effective learning processes. Provide quality coaching and feedback for team members.
- Key communicator and liaison between Director of Real Estate and local/area leadership in regards to real estate management. Establishes weekly, monthly and yearly reviews of area real estate portfolio. Keeps all parties abreast of the latest standards and real estate requirements.
- Lead internal groups and outside vendors for successful management of all real estate projects and processes. Assists in developing and leading key initiatives for department to improve process, reduce occupancy cost and maximize space utilization.
- Performs miscellaneous real estate services as requested by the firm’s business unit leaders.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Development and interpretation of office staffing requirements; financial and business use analysis of competing locations; analysis of, and recommendation regarding financial and nonfinancial business critical factors in property selection.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Financial analysis, real estate; project management skills; team building skills; negotiation skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Directs outsourced service providers in their responsibilities to meet the needs of the project.
- Travel required as needed for assigned projects. May require up to 25% travel.
- Advanced degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Approximately 12 + years in corporate real estate management as described in the responsibilities above.
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people