We build what others cannot. Candidate must be able to work in an unstructured environment with minimal direction. Candidate’s entrepreneurial spirit, responsible attitude, and commitment to innovation and value are important. This is a unique opportunity to work with one of DC’s most innovative real estate teams.
- Must be able to Add Value and “think on his/her feet.”
- Define and Deliver the Owner’s Requirement on each project, which is completely unique from asset to asset.
- Be able to generate schedules and interpret Project Plans/Specs.
- The position is expected to spend time in both the office and in the field.
- Projects will involve third party/critical structures inspections, underpinning, concrete, steel, or stick construction types, various roofing systems, overhaul of electric and gas service, and historic façade systems.
- Plan and coordinate the design and construction activities for renovation and new construction projects from the planning and permitting stages through completion and delivery.
- Manage and direct project teams of architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Coordinate, document, and lead Design Development activities for new projects.
- Participate in bid review meetings and contract assignment recommendations.
- Execute agreements with necessary consultants and work with project accounting team to manage contracts/commitments. Administer contracts to completion.
- Engage construction teams to execute the Work on time and budget with superior quality.
- Manage project closeout: Punchlist, Final Permits/Occupancy, and Transition to Property Management or Leasing team.
- Create monthly project reports.
- Create and track project budgets and schedules.
- Review and analyze payment applications and change order requests.
- Review and track responses for submittals and requests for information.
- Review and document progress of construction in the field.
- Participate in regular site meetings with contractors, designers and consultants.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
Minimum 2-5 years of construction and development experience.
- General Contractors performing construction management tasks.
- Architect or Engineer firms performing construction administration tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as is protected by local, state or federal law.