At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An Entitlements Project Manager to join a rapidly growing industrial real estate team. The Entitlements Project Manager will report to the Manager of Development & Entitlements and will manage the Entitlements process in order to meet our quick expansion needs. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with large scale industrial real estate and development. The ideal candidate must also possess superior organization and communications skills. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
The Entitlements Project Manager will be a full-time salaried position based at our Scottsdale Office.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Comprehensive preparation and presentation of land and entitlement Due Diligence including but not limited to preliminary schedules, review of site related report Phase I ESA, Geotechnical, wetlands, etc.) surveying and plat requirements, preliminary site engineering, landscape requirements, and entitlements applications to local jurisdictions and property owners
- Manage consultants, including architects, land use counsel, civil engineers.
- Process all Environmental applications and permits for approval
- Process applications for Rezoning, Tentative Map, Development Agreements, Design Review, General Plan Amendments, and Variances
- Attend and present at local public municipal hearings, preapplication meetings, etc.
- Landscape Plans
- Miscellaneous Plot Plans, Precise Grading Plans, and Phasing Plans
- Encroachment Permits, Environmental Permits, Building Permits
- Agency Agreements
- Manage Economic Incentives
- Prepare and manage development budget and timeline
- Develop and manage relationships with municipal staff and officials.
- Develop and manage relationships with utility providers
- Understand and clearly communicate the needs of different jurisdictions to internal and external stakeholders at Carvana
- Negotiate and finalize entitlements from municipalities
- Negotiate contracts for services to be performed by outside consultants such as land use attorney, architects and civil engineers
- Travel expected - 35%
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, finance, economics, marketing, accounting, engineering or related field
- At least 4 years of experience in commercial real estate development, previous Project Manager experience preferred
- Experience in leading teams and consultants, preparing schedules, and managing the application process
- Keen understanding of commercial development process
- Ability to read and understand complex zoning codes, general plans, specific plans, and technical reports
- Intricate understanding of the key decision drivers in project approvals both internal and external
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Elaborate understanding of jurisdictional bureaucratic processes
- Comprehensive understanding of site development process
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining a high attention to detail
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- Ability to meet professional dress, grooming and hygiene standards to present a polished and businesslike image to external audiences on behalf of Carvana.
- A team player mentality
WE'D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD....
- Knowledge of the Carvana business model
- Project management experience
- Savvy Gmail and G-Suite skills
- Related professional certification(s)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job