Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
What is #SUCCESS: DLC defines #success as working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, enjoyable place to work. The successful candidate will embrace and embody this culture and strive for collaboratively successful outcomes.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
Some noteworthy perks that our team enjoys includes: Summer Fridays, Wellness Wednesdays, impromptu office happy hours … don’t be surprised if you find yourself with colleagues having wine with our CEO in our wine bar!
For an inside look into our company culture, check out:
About the Role:
The Asset Management Analyst is an entry-level opportunity to join our corporate office located in Elmsford, New York. The position is new, adding a second Analyst to support the existing team comprising of: Vice President of Asset Management, Director, Associate, Senior Analyst & Analyst. The candidate is expected to collaborate and liaise across all vertical departments across the organization. Given the flat nature of DLC, the role will also have exposure to varying levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a can-doer, a flexible team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to help the team and to deliver all that is required for internal and external constituents. The successful candidate will have the foundation for a strong analytical background and excellent communication skills.
- Produce written reports regarding the operations and performance of various assets. The information being analyzed can be from disparate systems, processes, or people.
- Update various tracking tools or systems to help internal and external constituents maintain a pulse of leasing, capital projects, capital draws, etc.
- Assist with partner and or lender approval requests for leasing or capital related projects. These involve both qualitative and quantitative research and analyses.
- In preparation for Investor calls, facilitate the distribution of materials and posting to data sites. Assist in the production and distribution of presentation materials.
- Support with addressing questions and ad-hoc requests from joint venture partners, lenders, and senior management.
- Provide analytical support to periodic and ad-hoc reporting. Includes, but is not limited to: asset reviews, portfolio metrics, loan performance, lease economics analysis, payback calculations, expense recovery analysis, health ratios, etc.
- Analyze operating budgets, capital plans, and reforecasts. Provide variance commentary to original business plan.
- Monitor property performance throughout the redevelopment cycle in support of critical capital market events.
- As needed/required, assist with the modeling of property-level cash flow projections utilizing Argus and Microsoft Excel.
- As needed/required, maintain integrity of Argus models which include leasing updates, capital activity, and market assumption changes.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- 0-2 years of experience (interim experience / recent college grads welcomed)
- Excellent communication skills to successfully engage with other departments (Leasing, Construction, Accounting) in order to gather required information. The ability to then distill this information and effectively write reports to stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to implement efficient processes to coordinate and track the flow of data and information.
- Strong quantitative skills to evaluate asset performance and forecasts.
- Strong analytical skills to identify inconsistent results or trends, diagnose sources of error, and make recommendations for system improvements.
- Growing to robust Excel modeling and formatting skills. Familiarity with Argus Enterprise is preferred (not required).
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The desire to learn and grow skill set.
- Asset Management
Less than 1 year
This job is no longer active.