Job Description – Vice President of Development
Office Location: Hermosa Beach, California
Beach City Capital is a private Real Estate Investment firm headquartered in Hermosa Beach, CA. Beach City Capital focuses on executing the development and/or repositioning of multi-family, Mixed Use, Co-Living, Micro Unit and other commercial assets primarily in the Los Angeles marketplace.
Beach City has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our development team in Hermosa Beach as a VP of Development. The ideal candidate has 5 years’ experience in the development of 50-300 unit multifamily projects with a firm understanding of Acquisition/Development Strategy, Architecture/Design and Construction Management.
Key to this position is to be detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist in Acquisition, Underwriting and Due Diligence for Acquisition Strategy
- Participate in Business and Investment initiatives throughout the Process
- Key Management of Development Projects and on-site Management of Consultants
- Entitlement Management
- Construction Management
- Asset Management
- Coordinate Cost to Date Reporting and Investor Reporting
- Work with project budgets and reconcile spent to date figures against original budgets.
Other Position Responsibilities
VP will work closely with our Contractors, subcontractors, vendors, utility companies and local public works departments to ensure work is being completed on schedule and on-budget.
- VP is to manage consultants to obtain entitlement approval and permit approval this includes: architecture management, engineer management, and other land use consultants.
- VP is to manage General Contractor for project updates, schedule, critical path items and to ensure all invoices to sub-contractors are paid in timely manner in loan draw process.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- MRED, MBA, or MARCH/RED with a background in Architecture is Preferred. Undergraduate to be considered if possesses experience in lieu of Graduate Studies.
- 2-5+ years of prior work experience in the development of multifamily assets.
- Extensive experience in the analysis, acquisition, entitlement, development and marketing of residential land.
- Experience in the residential real estate industry, in particular multi-family residential and mixed-use projects in Los Angeles is an asset
- A firm understanding of and familiarity with the planning and engineering approval process
- A firm of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate
- Education and/or background in urban planning or construction is an asset
- Experience in reading and understanding consultant's drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.) is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong organizational skills, underwriting experience, capital markets understanding, development and urban planning awareness, construction and architecture interest.
- professional understanding of Zoning and the Entitlement Process.
- Professional degree of proficiency with Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, Blubeam and some experience in drop box, google-drive, and Smartsheets.
Location and Contact Information:
We have a great open office environment designed for collaboration located in Hermosa Beach 50 steps from the beach. We encourage company socialization, travel and culture to ensure growth.
Beach City Capital is always looking to hire the best and brightest. If you are interested in our VP of Development position, please email a short cover letter and resume to Jason Muller via email using the email address listed on this posting.
Thank you for your time.
Beach City Capital Management
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job