ABOUT US (www.Cityview.com):
Founded in 2003, Cityview is a premier investment management and development firm dedicated to redefining urban living. Focused on developing multifamily and mixed-use projects in high-growth markets in the Western United States, Cityview connects the comforts of home with the energy of city life. Cityview investments have generated more than $4 billion in urban investment across more than 100 projects.
With over 17 years’ experience across more than 100 projects, Cityview’s targeted investment strategy allows us to take a unique holistic approach to uncovering and tapping into the ideal urban way of life — ensuring that residents live happily, neighborhoods achieve their potential and investments add up to far more than just investor returns. From sophisticated designs and amenities tailored to the local community, each Cityview project is built to seamlessly integrate into the fabric of the local neighborhood.
Analyst – Asset Management
Reports To: Vice President, Asset Management
Department: Asset Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provides support to the Asset Management team in the oversight of the firm’s multifamily portfolio. Responsible for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting, budgeting, and reforecasting, investor reporting, portfolio analytics, market research and other financial models to support all asset management functions. Interacts extensively with the accounting, acquisition, construction management and development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop weekly, monthly and quarterly tracking systems including but not limited to extracting and aggregating portfolio data; preparing summary spreadsheets, creating graphs and tables; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and trends; and developing meaningful and insightful commentary to explain variances or focused successes.
- Collaborate with asset managers on financial reviews and utilize data mining to identify any operational or performance concerns and the underlying drivers.
- Prepare comprehensive business plans for new acquisitions in partnership with asset management, construction management and property management teams.
- Accountable for accurate data reporting obtained from the Business Intelligence Tool and manage actionable items required with the team.
- Utilize and improve portfolio performance tracking tools and metrics to attain actionable insights and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive measurable results.
- Support asset management team in preparation for periodic performance reviews: generate reporting packages, presentations, agendas and supporting analyses.
- Assist in development of annual budget on a property-by-property basis, including revenue assumptions and expense analysis
- Contribute to the firm's due diligence efforts on potential investments and asset dispositions.
- Work closely with accounting teams to manage property taxes by providing property/financial information to tax consultants and review tax valuations; ensure tax invoices are approved and provided to management for timely payment
- Monitor and track insurance claims and coordinate with management to provide necessary documentation to the appropriate recipients and stored per best practices.
- Create financial models benchmarking historic/current/future NOI, distribution, and cash flow across portfolio to ensure maximum performance and monitor each asset by growth.
- Prepare and review monthly market trends report on industry data impacting the multifamily sector including employment, wage and job growth; new supply; rent and occupancy trends; and lease trade out data. Prepare summary tables, graphs, and commentary for management reporting.
- Responsible for managing multiple reporting deadlines with aggressive timelines.
- Vigilantly and proactively contribute to a process improvement initiative. Develop processes that save time while maintaining the highest quality standards, design data rich and aesthetically pleasing financial reports, leverage internal and external resources to efficiently achieve goals.
- Form effective working relationships and networks with internal and external audience and other service providers.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong understanding of financial systems and models with solid analytical acumen.
- Detailed understanding of all stages of a project lifecycle.
- Proactively communicates with clarity and focus to ensure delivery has the appropriate impact while actively listening to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a team contributor.
- Strong work ethic, with commitment to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities, demonstrating confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence.
Skills and Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience, preferred business or finance focus.
- Minimum 2 years real estate or multifamily asset management experience.
- Exceptional technical data skills beyond MS Office, specifically advanced Excel experience and additional real estate applications a plus.
- Strong visual presentation skills in PowerPoint, InDesign or other software.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical information with an ability to quickly research and collect pertinent information, integrate essential information, and use information to define and test options and alternatives.
- Excellent analytical reasoning to identify and resolve issues.
- Insightful and creative skill in reasoning and logic and quantitative analysis. Utilize problem-solving skills to analyze investments on a risk-adjusted basis.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.