POSITION: Assistant Director of Engineering
REPORTS TO: Director of Facility Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
State Farm Stadium
Completed in August of 2006, State Farm Stadium has set the standard in multi-purpose NFL Facilities. The stadium is home to a variety of different events including Arizona Cardinals home games, the annual Fiesta Bowl, international soccer matches, motorsports, trade & consumer shows, and corporate & social functions.
Designed with a roll-out natural grass field and retractable roof, the first of its kind in North America, the stadium is capable of converting from a sports facility to a multi-functional event space allowing it to host numerous event types in air-conditioned comfort.
The Assistant Director of Engineering is responsible for the day to day management of the stadium engineering department including HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, maintenance projects and service contracts. The Assistant Director of Engineering will manage services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of State Farm Stadium including; the retractable roof and field, HVAC (chillers, refrigeration and boilers), electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of Stadium including the moveable field and roof, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, chillers, refrigeration, boilers and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of basic building control systems (electrical, HVAC, and plumbing).
- Manage calibration of instrumentation and operation of the building control systems.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Participate in the development and administration of the stadium maintenance budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary and annual capital projects.
- Manage contractual vendor services for the stadium.
- Implement an effective energy conservation and management program.
- Manage ALTUM engineering preventative maintenance program and work order system.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all maintenance issues by meeting with engineering staff regularly and develop long-term maintenance solutions for recurring items.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Allocation of engineering hours in ABI timekeeping system.
- Conduct bi-monthly Engineering Meetings with full staff and 1/1 monthly meetings to review the operation and progress of each department.
- Represent and promote the facility in industry associations and organizations and maintain liaison with competitive stadium facilities.
- Manages subordinate employees in the Engineering departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Manage and track all Engineering hours and allocate to appropriate events or event codes
- Coordinate and schedule all engineers and PT engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Management experience in general maintenance, CMMS, repair of HVAC or related building systems and knowledge of complex mechanical systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Specialized training in the building maintenance.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
- Knowledge of boilers, chillers, refrigeration.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 40 lbs. unaided.
- On call initial point of contact for all Engineering related issues.
- Willingness and desire to work nights and weekends as required
- Experience in budgetary process
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resources and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions
To perform this job successfully, the individual should be proficient in the use of standard computer applications.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 623-433-7110.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years