EDENS develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets across the country. Our reputation is built on crafting innovative concepts, curating an inspiring mix of merchants, delivering seamless construction projects and enriching the neighborhoods we serve. EDENS creates inspiring, energizing centers that shape the future of their communities.
Situated on 31 acres in one of the wealthiest counties in the United States, the Mosaic District development is the center of a comprehensive revitalization of the Merrifield area of Fairfax County, Virginia.
EDENS is looking for an individual who is:
- A results-driven self-starter, who can provide strong leadership, set a clear managerial strategy and infuse Mosaic District with a service driven culture throughout all levels.
- An experienced leader with an ability to drive operational and financial success, collaborate with a wide variety of partners, work with in-house team, implement short and long term goals to enhance a place that the customer stay longer and return often.
Management and operation of Mosaic District will require an extremely sophisticated approach and a wide variety of capabilities. The General Manager will oversee all aspects of management, marketing, and operations at Mosaic District, including:
- Direction of the overall management structure for Mosaic District, including identifying and retaining the appropriate third party management and, if necessary, in house staff resources necessary to implement a successful management program.
- Physical asset management of all buildings owned by EDENS (retail, residential and office) on the site, along with accompanying Master Association.
- All daily property operations, including security, maintenance and programming of public spaces, garages, and adjacent Fairfax Plaza Shopping Center.
- Provision of a broad range of urban services to the Mosaic District development including operation and maintenance of public improvements and operation of an extensive parking and shuttle system.
- Participate actively in all forms of budgeting and financial management relating to operation of the property.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all tenants, major vendors and community and county leaders.
- Direct communications practices and programs that drive tenant retention.
- Establish a customer service culture at all levels such that the public, homeowners, consumers, tenants, vendors, have unique and positive experiences in all dealings with the development and its management.
- Assess, select and monitor multiple independent vendor and service firms to affect critical and efficient operational needs.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Engineer, oversee service contract requirements, specifications, bids, negotiations and vendor management.
- Support of office, retail and residential leasing activities directed by EDENS leasing staff, brokers and other third party resources.
- Support of tenant construction activities carried out by EDENS’s in-house tenant construction staff.
- Ensure enforcement of lease agreements.
- Direct risk management efforts to minimize exposure and losses to property owners.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts and be the active member of industry and local business associations and organizations.
- Drive and source additional income and revenue in marketing and branding partnerships in alignment with overall District strategy.
- Assist in development of marketing and budget for the marketing plan of Mosaic District, including identity, retail, residential, and consumer marketing programs.
- Strategically position Mosaic District’s customer’s perception as a product that includes retail, restaurants, residential and office.
- 10+ years experience in property management with significant supervisory responsibility in retail/entertainment and/or urban renewal project with a large residential component.
- Professional designation (CPM, RPA, CSM or equivalent) strongly preferred.
- LEED Accreditation (GA, AP) strongly preferred
- Strong PC skills in programs such as Excel. Experience with JD Edwards and Angus Systems
- Must be detail oriented, organized and analytical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to establish project goals, timelines and milestones.
- Proven teambuilding skills and team leadership experience.
- Strong customer service skills and background.
10+ to 15 years