DLC Management Corporation, one of the nation's preeminent private retail real estate companies, is seeking an Acquisitions Analyst to join our Corporate HQ office located in Elmsford, New York. The Analyst will be actively involved with many facets of the acquisitions process in DLC's growing retail CRE portfolio. The position will serve as support to the entire acquisitions and capital markets teams, providing the opportunity to work with senior management on a daily basis as well as collaborating with the asset management, construction management, property management, leasing, legal and accounting departments. The ideal candidate will be energetic and motivated to learn, with a strong analytical background and excellent communication skills.
- Assist the Acquisitions team in underwriting and modeling cash flow projections for new acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, and refinancings utilizing Argus and Microsoft Excel
- Perform financial analyses including discounted cash flows, sensitivities, investment returns, joint-venture waterfalls, and ongoing portfolio management
- Supporting senior management with all analytical and transactional aspects of an acquisition including underwriting, due diligence, market research, financing, closing
- Keep track of US retail markets in order to formulate market leasing assumptions and appropriate cap rates from comparable sales and market data
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of detailed investment memoranda
- Help with questions and ad-hoc requests from joint venture partners and lenders.
- Assist with the review of legal related documents including leases, loan documents, management agreements, franchise agreements, etc.
- Management and tracking of the investment pipeline
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting or with similar real estate underwriting skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Argus
- Basic understanding of real estate valuation methodologies including internal rates of return (IRR) and discounted cash flow analysis
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical skills and reasoning abilities
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects independently in a timely fashion without excessive oversight
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong interest in real estate and willingness to learn
- Bachelor's degree required
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.