Piedmont has two Assistant Property Manager positions open in downtown Chicago - one at 35 West Wacker (Leo Burnett Building) and one at 500 West Monroe. Both buildings are great, one million square foot, LEED Gold Certified, Class A office buildings. The ideal candidate is either an experienced Tenant Service Coordinator who is ready to move into an Assistant Property Manager position or an existing Assistant Property Manager who sees working at a Class A office building as a great opportunity to further his/her career. Both buildings are well leased with great high profile tenants and seasoned property management teams.
The Assistant Property Manager performs administrative and clerical tasks in support of property management and the building maintenance team. This includes providing support and communication to tenant and vendor, assisting with financial reporting, preparing vendor contracts, and assisting in accounts receivable collections.
- At least three years’ experience required in property management, commercial real estate preferred.
- Two or four year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable processing experience preferred.
- Angus, MRI, or other real estate software experience preferred.
- Understanding and capability of preparing vendor and construction contracts.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be team-oriented and highly dependable.
- Must be able to physically visit and inspect all areas of the property.
- Local travel required between buildings as applicable.
1) Accounts Receivables (5% of Time):
- Assist the Property Manager in monitoring the delinquency reports, pursuing tenant collections, and documenting all collection activities in the accounting system. Prepare tenant adjustment, write-off, and/or late fees in accordance with the terms of the lease, refund forms as required, and quarterly bad debt “no reserve” request forms. Review and close billable work orders in the tenant system.
2) Accounts Payables (5% of Time):
- Review and approve invoices per the designated signing authority in the Authority Matrix, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is included and charges are accurate and allocated correctly. Work with the treasury department in processing vendor credit applications. Supports the Property Manager in preparing monthly accruals. Works with the Property Manager and Lease Admin to ensure property tax payments are processed in a timely manner.
3) Property Financials (20% of Time):
- Assist the Property Manager with the annual capital plan, operating budget, and reforecast. Supports the Property Manager in completing the monthly variance and capital reporting.
4) Lease Administration (15% of Time):
- Assist the Property Manager by understanding the lease terms and obligations, knowing terms for exercising options. Prepare commencement letters, and assist in monitoring and communicating changes in lease information (move in dates, vacate dates, monthly leases) to Lease Admin and Asset Management as necessary. Maintain letters of credit and tenant deposits, and provide related reporting to the Property Manager.
5) Building Maintenance, Construction, and Security (30% of time):
- Assist the Property Manager with building inspections, maintaining the appearance and condition of the property by hiring appropriate vendors (soliciting and reviewing bids, preparing contracts, documenting any legal or risk management review of contracts or insurance coverage). Support the Property Manager in managing day to day maintenance, capital, and TI projects by preparing project schedule, monitoring activities, completing the punch list and tracking the budget. Conduct annual fire drills and other tenant trainings.
6) Tenant Relations (20% of time):
- Assists the Property Manager in implementing a tenant visitation program and maintaining a close relationship with contacts ensuring timely resolution of tenant requests. Plan tenant events in accordance with the budget. Respond to and enter tenant requests received outside of the tenant work order system.
7) Other (5% of time):
- Proactively stay involved in the local community and real estate organizations, i.e. BOMA.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.