Starwood Retail Partners (“SRP”), an affiliate of Starwood Capital Group, is a fully integrated retail operating company. Today, SRP operates a dynamic, customer-focused portfolio of high quality regional shopping malls and lifestyle centers throughout the United States. SRP oversees the operation, management and leasing of its retail assets. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, the company offers a competitive advantage as an owner/operator, with the ability to maximize operating efficiency with a national retail platform. Founded in 2012, SRP’s portfolio is comprised of 24 regional shopping malls and 6 lifestyle centers in the United States, totaling approximately 30 million square feet in 16 states.
The Analyst – Asset Management will be responsible for portfolio-level cash flow modeling, assisting the team in monitoring and improving the investment performance, investor communication, as well as support capital markets activities. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly investor reporting and fund reporting.
- Prepare due diligence materials for third-party appraisals as well as quarterly internal property valuations
- Assist Starwood Capital Group’s capital markets team on the origination of new debt and refinancing activity.
- Communicate with areas of fund operations, FP&A, leasing & development to assist the Asset Manager on being the advocate for and expert on assigned properties.
- Assist in maintenance of investment models, updating returns and variance to budget analysis, distributions, fees & promotes
- Run portfolio and property-level financial analyses assessing the impact of redevelopments, expansions, leasing activity and operations on return projections.
- Assist with presentations and analysis for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Perform detailed quarterly financial statement analysis, review of rent rolls, current and future cash flow and forecasting of both present value and cash flows through Argus Enterprise
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data, including recommendations for peripheral asset sales.
- Work with the Starwood Capital Group investment teams in transitioning acquisitions and reviewing potential asset sales.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a real estate, finance, accounting, economics or related field
- 0-3 years of work experience in a financial analyst capacity and within the real estate field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior command of private equity and public market investment concepts: IRR, Real Estate NAV, Relative Valuation, DCF, NPV, cash flow models & earnings models
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with origination of new debt or refinancings, including preferred equity
- Strong financial and analytical ability
- Familiarity with Argus Enterprise preferred
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Good financial acumen.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a broad constituency.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Systems-oriented with deep knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to work with database systems.
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Investor Relations
1+ to 2 years