The primary focus of this position is to be responsible for leasing of retail space to local, regional and national tenants, in a manner so as to maximize the return on investment and ensure consistency with project and/or property budgets. The Senior Leasing Manager will work under the direction of the VP, Leasing, Mills and Outlets, Retail who’s based out of Toronto. Main duties include:
- Provide assistance and communication to Shopping Centre Managers in the region;
- Lease space in existing projects and/or properties in accordance with merchandising mix and on property budget requirements, liaising with Operations, Tenant Coordination, Development, Legal, and other departments as required;
- Prospect new retail concepts, including but not limited to researching new tenant information as to performance, design layouts, construction requirements and analyzing company financials;
- Negotiate with local, regional and national tenants on a property specific basis;
- Maintain leasing status reports and accurate records with respect to potential tenants for new and existing properties;
- Update, on an annual basis, specific information that may be required for each property (ie. lease expiries, re-merchandising plans, tenant mix analysis);
- Coordinate lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments.
- Complete annual objectives;
- Work on specific projects including the development of merchandising and leasing plans for projects under development and existing properties;
- Negotiate Letters of Intent (LOIs), Tenant Proposal Forms (TPFs), and leases in a timely manner to ensure construction deadlines and targeted store opening dates are met;
- Work on specific leasing-related projects as required.
- Post secondary business education preferred with a minimum of 5-7 years of shopping centre related job experience;
- Excellent negotiation, communication, mathematical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability and interest in connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way;
- Ability to work at an extremely fast pace, cooperatively, respectfully and efficiently with multiple internal and external departments and disciplines in order to complete tasks in a time sensitive environment;
- Team or collaborative work with the organization;
- Strong sense of self direction, urgency, initiative and leadership along with an ability to work with many different kinds of people and personalities. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively to build relationships, motivate and persuade others to act, will be an important aspect of the job;
- Ability to control all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion;
- Ability to work under pressure and strong decision-making skills;
- Working knowledge of proformas, and finance;
- Valid drivers’ license required.
This job is no longer active.