Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. We invest in our people through our commitment to training, product development and enhancements in technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to drive corporate marketing efforts at Berkadia. The VP-Communications, Marketing and Event Planning will play a pivotal role in the planning and execution of all forms of marketing and event planning initiatives. We’re looking for someone with deep experience in brand and services marketing; someone with vision, creativity and contagious energy that will lead marketing initiatives that will make our brand standout in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
- Enhance the company’s position as an industry leader by identifying opportunities to increase visibility of our brand and creating clear, focused and relevant messages.
- Establish and lead effective social media and digital marketing strategies to drive awareness and transactions with customers
- Manage the daily operations of the Marketing group, the delivery of services and the interaction with stakeholders in various groups within the company. Optimize the structure and organization of the marketing group to ensure the effective and timely fulfillment of requests and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the marketing of the organization's products and services:
- Establish marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and services.
- Develop and execute marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the profit growth and expansion of company products and services.
- Plan and oversee the organization's advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct mail outlets.
- Lead the media relations function and own media relationships for the company including developing and maintaining relationships, databases, systems and corporate information; overseeing public relations, media interviews and managing media training. Promote priority business lines, major products and services; Develop targeted media outreach; and Establish and manage measurement tools.
- Direct staff in the planning, theming and execution of all corporately sponsored events along with assisting in the management of the sanctioned events calendar and prioritization of these events.
- Conduct marketing surveys (leveraging third party providers) on current and new product concepts.
What the right leader will need to be successful in this role
- Accountability, integrity, intelligence, empathy, curiosity, collaboration and proactivity.
- Exceptional strategic project management experience and organizational skills, including the ability to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas; Experience with workflow management systems such as Kanban is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition strategies and tactics.
- Solid understanding of Digital marketing including platforms, media, data, devices and technology.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including senior executives and industry leaders.
- Possess a high sense of customer engagement and the ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong people leadership skills including well-honed abilities to inspire, motivate, and manage a team across multiple locations.
- Experience in the financial services industry or Commercial Real Estate is preferred, but not required.
Additional attributes required for this role
- Bachelor's degree required; field of study in a Marketing-related field preferred.
- Suggested minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in marketing including digital, traditional as well as event planning.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing a team of marketing professionals.
- Expected travel for this position is between 35% to 40%, potentially higher during peak convention season.
Berkadia Commercial Mortgage is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job