As a Portfolio Administrator on the Underwriting and Asset Management Team, this position encompasses the due diligence and closing process, as well as all aspects of property management. It entails working with every facet of a commercial real estate purchase, from the Purchase and Sale Agreement through due diligence and closing of purchase and sale transactions, and property onboarding and post-closing procedures. This position has primary responsibility for all property management matters, including maintaining tenant relationships and coordination of repairs and maintenance.
- Responsibility for all aspects of property management, including the development of relationships with tenants, coordination of property repairs and maintenance, and supervision of vendors.
- Develop an in depth understanding of lease language and administer landlord obligations under the lease.
- Enter and maintain property data using Yardi and other systems that may become available.
- Coordinate property and liability insurance coverages with tenants and the company’s insurance broker.
- Maintain an accurate and efficient electronic and hard copy filing system, including electronically filing documentation to shared drives and oversight of the retention process of original executed documentation.
- Serve as the main point of contact for due diligence processes, including ordering, tracking, and conducting initial review of third party reports such as surveys, zoning reports, appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports; organization and review of seller-provided materials; production of materials when selling a property; and delivery of due diligence items for new loans and refinances.
- Administer the closing process, including preparation and tailoring of closing checklists and tracking critical dates; work with inside and outside real estate attorneys on entity formation and transactional documentation to facilitate and complete closing; obtain required documents including tenant estoppel certificates and insurance coverages; review of settlement statements.
- Complete all property on-boarding procedures, including completion of files and entry of lease and property information into the Yardi lease administration system.
- Assist with special administrative projects and ongoing initiatives as necessary.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in commercial real estate as a Portfolio Administrator.
- Lease administration experience using Yardi.
- Experience in reading and interpreting real estate leases/contracts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify information to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate, multiple sources and use skillful questioning to abstract the information. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Ability to work under pressure and organize work flow priorities with all relevant parties to complete work within established schedule.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to monitor own work for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive, working relationships.
- Thorough understanding of the documentation and steps involved with a transaction.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job