DivcoWest, founded in 1993, is a privately owned real estate investment firm with investment offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, CA, Boston, MA and Washington DC. The company has acquired more than 30 million square feet of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
DivcoWest is expanding its portfolio and is seeking Property Managers to join our Washington DC team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the building including security, engineering, janitorial and all aspects of maintenance and repairs.
- Conduct property inspections and solicit bids for work.
- Negotiate and prepare all vendor services contracts and competitively bid vendor services periodically.
- Oversee lease administration to ensure accurate records. Audit tenant and vendor certificates of insurance.
- Establish and maintain a tenant relations program that is innovative and promotes tenant retention.
- Respond to tenant inquiries regarding lease terms, billings, repairs, and escalations.
- Respond to owner and tenant requests and/or concerns; create and maintain favorable landlord/tenant relations.
- Review and approve all invoices for the property to ensure proper control of expenditures and implementation of annual business plan.
- Train, supervise and manage building staff.
- Review monthly financial statements to ensure accurate reporting. Prepare and distribute monthly operating reports. Review and explain budget variances in revenue, expenses in addition to other financial requirements.
- Create annual operating budgets and reconcile operating expenses.
- Work with engineering to identify capital projects.
- Manage construction of capital projects, tenant improvements and other work required in the building.
- Implement and oversee sustainability initiatives at the property.
- Monitor rent collection and pursue delinquencies, including serving legal notices as necessary.
- Support leasing program by facilitating tours and fostering positive relations with brokers.
- Administer the Property Management Agreement and ensure contract requirements are met.
- Bachelor's Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Property Management is preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, proficiency in Excel, Word and accounting software.
- Excellent leadership and customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.