RealtyShares has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, persistent and intelligent commercial real estate Investment Associate. You will join a highly entrepreneurial and passionate equity investments team whose goal is to be the largest provider of equity capital in the middle market space. The Investment Associate will have direct participation in helping underwrite and negotiate commercial real estate equity investment opportunities in all major asset classes across the United States. The position affords the opportunity to be a key team member of a technology enabled private equity acquisitions team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate potential equity investment opportunities and build financial models using Argus DCF, Argus Enterprise and Excel
- Advocate on the behalf of joint venture investments to investment committee and institutional capital partners
- Perform transaction underwriting including market, asset, and operating partner due diligence
- Interface and liaise with all key internal teams including Legal, Investor Sales, Compliance, Marketing, Business Operations, Product, and Engineering
- Develop and implement process and product improvements to drive efficiency and scale
- 1+ years of commercial real estate acquisitions or capital markets work experience preferred
- Experience in commercial real estate underwriting, valuation, and financial analysis a plus
- Strong Excel technical ability including cash flow modeling, charts, and sensitivities
- Solid research, due diligence, and analytical skills
- Strong writing ability
- Self-starter with ability to think creatively, work effectively with small teams and learn on-the-fly
- Ability to think at scale and contribute ideas on how best to position the team and company for continued growth
- Comfort managing external relationships in a fast paced environment
At RealtyShares, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Business Development
- Capital Markets
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.